CHRISTMAS RED VELVET SUGAR COOKIES – Perfect and easy cookie recipe for Christmas or any festive time of year! The delicious flavor of red velvet, buttery soft and topped with best cream cheese frosting!
Holidays are coming and all of us are in that holiday mood so you want something nice, sweet and tasty for you and your family and something which is going to make these holiday day special. These Christmas Red Velvet Sugar Cookies are very easy to make and you need only basic ingredients for them.
They are based off classic sugar cookie recipe but I red velvet them up. They have that delicious tang and chocolate flavor that makes a red velvet recipe perfect. There are so many ways to make sugar cookies and adding cream cheese is most definitely my new standard.
A little bit of cream cheese frosting produces a richer, softer and creamier sugar cookie. Finally, add holiday colored sprinkles on top of each cookie and they are ready to go! Christmas Red Velvet Sugar Cookies are a family favorite Christmas cookie and perfect for holiday gift giving. These cookies are one of my favorites.
Christmas Sugar Cookies is truly one of my fondest memories of my childhood Christmas traditions. I made these cookies with my mother each year and I felt like a big girl rolling the dough into balls with her. I am love carrying on the tradition with my kids too.
These are so delicious that melt in your mouth so I am making them in huge amounts. They are crisp on the outside and they are amazing buttery on the inside and then you whip up this perfect cream cheese frosting to top them with.
Quick and easy Christmas Red Velvet Cookies are perfect for every occasion so you can make little presents of them. I can’t imagine New Year without these lovely sweet red velvet cookies. These cookies are so nice and I am sure that you will love them on the first bite.
This recipe makes about 24 cream cheese red velvet sugar cookies, which I think will last you a few days during the holidays, with a few more to share for Santa! Now, when your holiday preparations are over I can wish you to spend holidays in peace and harmony with your friends and family and enjoy in this simple recipe!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar + ½ cup for rolling
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- Red, green and white sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees prepare a baking pan with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, unsweetened cocoa powder and salt, set aside
- In a medium bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add eggs one at the time, vanilla extract, white vinegar and red food coloring, mix until combined
- Slowly add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix until the dough is fully combined
- Scoop cookie dough by the tablespoon full and roll into a ball, about 1-inch balls
- Add granulated sugar to a small bowl for rolling
- Roll each ball of cookie dough into sugar and place onto baking sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the edges of the cookies being to crisp
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes then remove to cooling rack and let cool completely
- In a medium bowl, mix together butter and cream cheese until fully combined, add vanilla extract and powdered sugar until combined
- Spread cream cheese frosting on each cooled cookie and sprinkle with red, white and green sprinkles