Pineapple Pie a quick recipe for creamy, refreshing and so delicious summer pie. Pineapple Pie the most easy and best tasting pie!
When it is summer time I like making simple, refreshing cakes and pies. These days I watched Mom’s cook book and I found plenty of recipes which I made so many times. I found this summer pie and I recommend you to give it a try. It is pineapple season so this pie is ideal in great combination with rich cream filling.
This time I made a decision to make my version of Mom’s Pineapple Pie and pudding.
For this Pineapple Pie you need only few ingredients and you got perfect summer pie. I am sure that many of ingredients you have in your kitchen. Today pineapple is missing in my kitchen, so I am going to buy it because pineapple is my main ingredient. In my supermarket I found ready-made pie crusts so I bought them because I don’t have so much time but I want to surprise my children. I couldn’t find fresh pineapple, so I bought canned pineapple.
Pineapple Pie is always a good and quick idea, and it is so refreshing in combination with whipped cream. This sweet thing consist butter Graham Cracker crust, creamy filling with pineapple and whipped cream. When it is finish I always put it in the fridge and after one hour this is a real summer pie. My Mom likes to make minor changes with this recipe, so she put her favorite fruit and it is always great choice. We add strawberries, peaches, cherries, blueberries. Try to find your favorite combination. You can combine anything you like, but my choice for today is pineapple and I am sure that you will love it too. Enjoy!
- 2 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 20 oz Crushed Pineapple, drained very well
- 2 (3.4 ounce) packages vanilla instant pudding mix
- 8 oz sour cream
- 8 ounces cool whip
- Maraschino cherries
- Pineapple slices
- In a food processor ground whole graham crackers to get fine crumbs
- Combine graham crackers crumbs with ½ cup melted butter and stir until evenly moistened.
- Press mixture into the bottom and up the sides of 8” pie plate. Press hard to compact. You can use a glass to press the bottom, but use your fingers to press the sides.
- Set in the fridge to firm while making the filling.
- In a large bowl, combine crushed pineapple, sour cream and vanilla pudding mix
- Mix until well combined
- Pour into pie crust and spread evenly
- Top the pie with cool whip
- Decorate top with Maraschino cherries and pineapple slices