Strawberry Cake is perfect summer dessert! Rich flavor, moist, super tasty and easy to make! You need just few ingredients for this Strawberry Cake and I am sure you will like this sweet sour combination!
This recipe is perfect answer if you ever wanted to make something nice, quick and easy. I have been on friend’s birthday party and I have tasted this super strawberry cake. I really liked it very much. It was melted in my mouth. I immediately asked my friend for recipe and I made it tomorrow.
I really didn’t think that this cake will turn in something so adorable and delicious. My family likes strawberries in every shape so I knew that my husband and children will like this recipe. We like strawberries because they give freshness in every recipe we add them. I also believe that this recipe will be super delicious even with some other fruits apples, peaches and blueberries and I also know that I will make with other fruit for sure.
You can make this Strawberry Cake for a very short time and everything you need to do is to mix all ingredients and put it in the oven. While the cake is in the oven you have enough time to finish your home jobs and when you finish you can enjoy in delicious and easy Strawberry Cake. These easy recipes tell us that we can make very nice recipe with basic ingredients and whole family will enjoy for couple of minutes. This Strawberry Cake is right like that. Very tasty, moist and adorable Strawberry Cake let my family without a word. I recommend this cake to everyone especially for older people and children.
Summer is coming so we need to enjoy in rich flavors and in fruits full of colors, aromas, and vitamins. I like cakes which I can make for a short time spending in kitchen and also I like when desserts are not too sweet so I use powdered sugar in many recipes instead of regular. This recipe is easy but very delicious. I warmly recommend you to taste this Strawberry Cake and I am sure you will like this sweet sour combination. Enjoy!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar + 1 tablespoon granulated sugar for sprinkle
- 2 eggs
- 1⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound fresh strawberry, hulled and halved
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar (for dusting)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees, line the bottom of 9 inch springform pan with parchment paper. Grease the side of the springform pan with butter or cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt
- In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar using electric mixer, beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes
- Add the eggs, one at a time and beat well after each addition
- Add vanilla extract and sour cream and beat until fluffy
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, just until combined
- Do not over mix
- Fold in strawberry into the batter
- Spread the batter in the prepared springform pan and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar evenly over the top of the cake batter
- Bake cake for about 35-40 minutes until the top is golden brown and tester comes out clean
- Let cool completely, after cake has cooled, release the cake from the springform pan
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve