STRAWBERRY COFFEE CAKE MUFFINS – Easy and delicious Strawberry Coffee Cake Muffins, the perfect muffins to make during strawberry season. Great with a cup of good coffee!
These Strawberry Coffee Cake Muffins are great for breakfast or as a snack and can be ready in no time. These muffins are not only moist and delicious and bursting with flavor, but they are also so easy to make.
I made these several times with my kids. Strawberry Coffee Cake Muffins are quick, delicious and easy to make. It’s very tasty and sweet and perfect way to start your day! Soft and light coffee cake muffins are topped with a crumbly, buttery streusel overflowing as you pull them out of the oven.
They are explosions of flavor in your mouth, and the best part is you can eat them for breakfast with coffee. I’ve taken classic coffee cake and turned it into perfect little muffins with a fresh strawberries and crumble. We make a version of these muffins all the time, sometimes swapping strawberries for other fruits like blueberries, blackberries, cherries or raspberries. The batter is very simple, just flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, butter, egg, buttermilk, vanilla extract and small diced strawberries. Just before baking, we add more strawberries and then sprinkle crumble on the tops of the muffins.
These Strawberry Coffee Cake Muffins smelled incredible while baking in the oven. It was hard to resist digging in while the cooled, but I knew they be worth the wait and worth the wait they were indeed! They are moist, delicious and have bits of sweet strawberries in every bite. I will definitely be making more of these Strawberry Coffee Cake Muffins! Enjoy!
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, diced small
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup butter-chilled and cubed
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12 cup standard muffin tin with paper liners or coat with nonstick spray, set aside
- In a medium bowl, combine granulated sugar, brown sugar, flour and chilled cubed butter
- Stir with a fork or pastry blender until the mixture is crumbly
- Set in the fridge until ready to use
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy
- Add egg, vanilla extract and buttermilk, beat until well combined
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and pinch of salt, beat on low speed until just mixed
- Gently fold in about half of the strawberries
- Fill muffin liners ¾ full with batter, top with remaining strawberries and then sprinkle crumble on the tops of the muffins
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until the muffins are lightly browned on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean