Valentine’s Day Cherry Hand Pies – a special recipe for a special occasion Valentine’s Day. Surprise your loved ones with delicious Cherry Hand Pies dessert!
These Cherry Hand Pies are delicious dessert. Heart shaped and filled with a cheery pie filling they are perfect for Valentine’s Day or any day.
We are in love with these Valentine’s Day Cherry Hand Pies which make the perfect Valentine’s Day dessert idea. They are so cute so easy and so delish. These Valentine’s Day Cherry Hand Pies are perfect dessert and in about 30 minutes, you will have one of these delicious baked treats in your hands. These are an easy baked treat made with refrigerated pie crust and cherry filling. Roll the dough out and cut it into the shape of your choice. I chose hearts for Valentines.
I just can’t quit making these easy hand pies. Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and these would be perfect dessert. You can even add a little drizzle of some cream cheese icing or any flavor would be tasty. You can use store bought pie crust or you can make your own, and you can use any flavor of filling too. Make your family a sweet treat that they will love, and it is much simpler than it looks. You have to try these Valentine’s Day Cherry Hand Pies. You will be their hero when these little Cherry Hand Pies come out of the oven.
You need these Cheery Hand Pies to impress your partner. So tasty and creative! Also if you like something very different and original take a look on my Valentine Red Velvet Cheesecake Pops recipe and Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies. You can choose between these two and I can say that you won’t make wrong decision. Fill your day with some love from these mini heart shape hand pies! Enjoy in love!
- Two 9” frozen pie crust, defrosted
- ½ cup cherry pie filling
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Heart shaped sprinkles, optional
- Red and white sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, set aside
- Remove the defrosted pie crust from the tin and carefully place on the counter
- Use a rolling pin to gently flatten them out
- Using a heart shaped cutter, cut out hearts evenly
- You should get about 10 hearts from each roll, and you can re-roll the dough for more hearts if desired
- Place half of the hearts on prepared baking sheet
- Beat the egg and add a small splash of water in a small bowl
- Brush the beaten egg over top of each of the entire heart shapes
- Add a small spoonful of cherry pie filling to the center of the shape
- Line up the other half of the heart shapes on top of the bottom heart shape and the cherry pie filling
- Press the edges closed slightly with your fingers
- Using a fork, press around the edges of the heart shape to seal it completely
- Using a sharp knife, make a tiny X in the middle of the hearts
- Using a pastry brush, brush the top of the hearts with egg and add sprinkles, gently pressing them down onto hearts
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown around the edges
- Cool completely and serve