BANANA PECAN MUFFINS – perfect and healthy way to start your day! Great for breakfast, snack or a dessert!
These Banana Pecan Muffins are great for breakfast or as a snack and can be ready in no time. These muffins are not only moist and delicious and bursting with flavor, but they are also so easy to make.
I made these several times with my kids. We love these Banana Pecan Muffins so much that my kids excited when we have over ripe bananas. These muffins are perfect recipe for using up those ripe bananas that nobody wants to eat. This recipe makes a muffin that is moist, fluffy and loaded with pecans. They are our favorite. You only need to mix all the ingredients, add in the muffin pan and for a couple of minutes you have your healthy breakfast.
Lovely flavored Banana Pecan Muffins that will fill you for hours and give you the energy to start your day right. These healthy muffins pack a major protein punch and they are loaded with warm flavors of banana and cinnamon. Chopped pecans add a delicate crunch and pair beautifully with the sweetness from the banana. A freshly baked batch of Banana Pecan Muffins is always welcome. The whole house smells homey and warm, especially right after you take them out of the oven. This is really a simple recipe. Very easy to make, fast to eat and good choice for every occasion! Try these Banana Pecan Muffins and enjoy!
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup salted butter, melted
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pecans, chopped or walnuts
- ⅓ cup pecans, chopped for sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon, set aside
- In separate bowl, mash bananas with a fork, add melted butter, brown sugar, egg, milk and vanilla extract, stir until well combined
- Combine wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until just combined, do not over mix
- Fold in chopped pecans and stir
- Spoon batter evenly into 12 muffin cups
- Sprinkle the top of each muffin with a few chopped pecans before baking
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown on top and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean
- Let muffin rest in pan 5 minutes
- Remove muffins from the pan and let cool