Many people today are health-conscious. If you’re not, I think you should start thinking about taking care of your body more by doing some exercises and observing the right diet. There are times that your schedule may limit you from going to the gym. You may consider availing of running machines can be hired from Hire Fitness that they can set up in your home. After doing a vigorous workout, you need to fuel your body by replenishing your body with the right amount of food and water.
Experts say that an individual should consume sufficient food and fluid before, during, and after their workout to keep the right amount of blood glucose needed for better performance. Try not to neglect what your body primarily needs for your everyday activities, and here is some expert advice that you should take for your workout:
- Before Workout: Fuel up – Follow this important advice because you will need enough energy to help you burn those calories.
- During Workout: Rest – Even if you are regularly working out, you should take a timeout during your workout. It would be best if you hydrated yourself with frequent sips of water.
- After Workout: Time to Recover – It would be best to replace all the energy lost during your workout gradually. You should drink plenty of fluids and recharge all the nutrients you used. Your muscles can store protein and carbohydrates that you used for your workout.
These are all general recommendations, and remember that we all have different digestive systems that react differently to our activities. It’s best to know that what you put inside your body will compensate for those nutrients lost during your workout.
It is also imperative to know that you should avoid saturated fats and too much dairy because you will have a hard time digesting them.
Everybody who finds out that you’re on a diet may assume that you are eating tasteless food. It’s true that some diet menus will give you recommendations on low-calorie foods where you have to endure your urge for tasty meals. But these days, you can find alternative ways of improving your diet and counting calories, changing your philosophy about your way of eating, and how to be physically healthy.
There are many healthy menus that you can prepare for yourself with the right ingredients available at the market. One tasty menu that you can make as a treat is roasted chicken and potatoes with pepper relish, which is easy to make and healthy.
Roasted Chicken and Potatoes with Pepper Relish Recipe
The relish in this chicken dish provides acidity that gives taste to the whole preparation. This meal serves four, and you can prepare it in only thirty minutes.
- 1 ½ lb. golden potatoes, halved
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic (smash the two cloves)
- kosher salt and pepper
- 4 – 6-oz skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- ¾ cup roasted red peppers (drained and cut into ¼ inch pieces)
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup roasted almonds, chopped
- 3 tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 2 tbsp. chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Prepare and heat the oven to 425°F. Place the tomatoes on a rimmed baking sheet and add 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Add two cloves of pressed garlic on top, sprinkle with ¼ tsp kosher salt and toss it in the mix.
- Roast the potatoes for about 15 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet on a medium-high setting. Season the chicken breasts with ¼ tsp each of kosher salt and pepper.
- Use 1 tbsp olive oil for cooking the chicken on the skillet and waiting until browned. Give four minutes for each side of the chicken, then add smashed garlic and cook for another minute.
- Move the skillet in the oven and cook it along with the potatoes for six to eight minutes.
- Prepare a bowl while waiting for the chicken to cook and mix the almonds, scallions, vinegar, peppers, the remaining oil, and ¼ tsp of salt.
- Add chopped garlic and also the parsley to the mixture.
- Chop the cooked chicken and serve with the potatoes and pepper mixture.
- Enjoy your meal!
The roasted chicken and potatoes with pepper relish are among the many dishes that you can still enjoy the flavors of without the guilt of eating an unbalanced meal. Do check out our Salad with Fried Chicken and Yellow Pepper or our Southern Fried Chicken Recipe for other varieties.