Live casinos are one of the safest forms of online entertainment. The entire game is broadcast in real time through several cameras. The game involves live croupiers whose every move is monitored, so intentional cheating can never go undetected.
Moreover, all live online casinos and their games are audited by external agencies that verify their honesty both on a system level and during play. Among these, the most important are:
- Technical System Testing (TST).
- International Gaming Laboratory
- Certified Fair Gambling
What is a Live Casino?
Casino games are streamed live from special recording studios that look like real casinos (some studios are even located in real casinos).
Players place bets on the outcome of the live game, thereby creating the impression of participating in a real game in a land-based casino. And all this from the comfort of your own home!
Traditional slots and casino games based on a random number generator provide great entertainment and are enjoyed by players around the world. However, the developers of live casino games have gone further, providing players with excitement they won’t find in any other game.
The benefits of playing live casino games
In the rest of this article, you’ll find a detailed description of the table terms that give live casino games advantages over classic RNG-based games.
Live casino games provide an “immersive” feeling – the player feels like they are in a real casino, experiencing similar emotions, which means the game is more immersive.
Thanks to the live streaming from the recording studio, participants feel as if they are in the middle of the action – they are not just anonymous players, but participants in a real event (this is especially evident in live games with a TV show atmosphere, as well as in classic table games such as poker or roulette).
They are fair and secure
Games are broadcast from multiple cameras, and the dealer controls them in real time, which is an additional guarantee for the player in the fairness of the game.
The developers of live casino games are constantly improving them, adding new features and improving their quality. As technology advances, the latest features are introduced, such as the ability to play in augmented reality VR mode.
The most popular live casino games
Live casino games can be divided into several main categories. Below you will find a description of each of them.
- Live casino poker is played at an interactive table with a dealer. Texas Holdem tournament poker tables predominate here.
- Blackjack is one of the few games where the casino has very little advantage over the player. Because of this and the simple rules of the game, anyone, even a novice casino-goer, has a chance to win.
- Baccarat is just as popular at online casinos as blackjack. There are many variations of baccarat, so you will never get bored with the game.
- Craps is a game with a rich history. Players love it because, thanks to its simple rules, every player has the same chance of winning.
How to play live casino games
Live casino games are in a sense an intermediate element between traditional land-based casino games and online casino games based on classic random number generator games.
In each case, the rules are very similar, but there are several nuances to keep in mind. First of all, it is very important to familiarize yourself with the game rules, regulations and minimum entry thresholds.
Some casinos also offer the opportunity to watch the game live, so that the player can become experienced and learn the rules without the risk of losing their own money.
10 tips on how to find the best live casino
- Find out what the casino offers;
- Check if they offer a live casino welcome bonus or any other promotions in this section;
- Check the wagering requirements, minimum bets, etc;
- Make sure the VIP program includes live casino players;
- Make sure the casino has live dealer tables from the best suppliers;
- See how the studio is decorated and what it looks like;
- Check the technology and functionality used;
- Watch the broadcasts to evaluate their quality;
- Find out if the casino has live streaming so you can learn the rules and gain experience.
Live casino gaming on mobile devices
With changing gaming trends (smartphones replacing traditional computers), the online gambling market has also had to adapt. As a result, most live casino games are available on mobile devices, not only that – sometimes they provide a better gaming experience than desktop versions.
Some live casinos even offer special privileges for smartphone players, such as additional in-app sign-up bonuses, periodic promotions, and additional features like more intuitive gameplay.
Solving the most common problems in the live casino
It is well known that nothing is reliable. Even in the best and most reliable casinos, problems sometimes arise. What to do in such a situation? You have several options.
First of all, it is worth checking the FAQ section – perhaps someone has already encountered a similar problem and the solution has already been described a long time ago.
If you can’t find an answer there, try to contact casino support – either through live chat, or by email or phone – contact details can be found on the casino’s website under Support / Customer Support. If that doesn’t help either, you can always enlist the help of an outside agency to ensure that the game runs safely.
Below are some of the most common problems faced by live casino players.
- Internet connection interrupted during the game – if the data transmission was interrupted before you placed a bet, you should not be charged – the system will consider you a non-participant. However, if you have already placed a bet and lost your funds, please contact the casino and describe the situation in detail.
- The game keeps loading / slowing down – try refreshing the page, and if that doesn’t help, log out and log back in.
- The live casino game doesn’t open – try reloading it, and if that doesn’t help, contact casino support. Note that some live casino games are available at certain times (most are open 24/7, but there are also studio broadcasts at certain times).
How does live casino work?
Live casinos, as you already know, are a form of online entertainment streamed in real time. It’s worth noting that these are some of the most expensive online games – professional recording studios are set up for them, equipped with real casino equipment, professional operators work, and the broadcast is provided with the highest quality equipment.
The croupier in the recording studio waits for the online players to sit down at the table and place their bets. Then he starts the game. In addition to the camera view of the studio, players also see additional data on their screens, such as the control panel, current bonuses and promotions, etc. Depending on the type of game, the player selects a bet, exchanges cards or ends the game by pressing the appropriate button on the control panel. To play in real time, all you need is a stable Internet connection – you don’t need a camera, microphone or speakers.