Chocolate Layer Cake with Cream Cheese Filling – most amazing cake I have ever made! Incredible chocolate dessert and real hit for chocolate lovers! Chocolate Layer Cake with Cream Cheese Filling is perfect combination of chocolate and cheese!
This cake is cake which I made many times because it is favorite cake in my family. Whenever we have opportunity I make the most delicious chocolate cake. In a short time we are going to celebrate son’s birthday and I know that I am going to make this Chocolate Layer Cake with Cream Cheese Filling.
This cake is so delicious so moist so chocolate and anyone who tasted it stay without words. I am sure that you agree with me that chocolate cakes are the best for every occasion. Because of that there are many of recipes with many different combinations. This Chocolate Layer Cake with Cream Cheese Filling is classic three layers cake with cream cheese filling. You might think that is hard to make, but believe me it is very easy. This cake is right combination for chocolate lovers it is very sweet and melts in your mouth when you taste it. I tasted this cake at one birthday party and when I saw these little children how they enjoy in it I made a decision to make this chocolate cake.
When I have made it, I was shocked how it was tasty but I knew that children are the best critics because they are very honest and when they like something it must be very good and delicious. Anyone who have taste this Chocolate Layer Cake with Cream Cheese Filling have only positive words for it and I am very happy because I have opportunity to share with you one of my favorite chocolate recipes. I am sure that you will eat more than one slice of cake. Incredible chocolate dessert and real hit for chocolate lovers! My chase for perfect chocolate cake is over. Enjoy!
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- For Chocolate ganache:
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Malt balls, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray three 8-inch round cake pans with cooking spray and line the bottoms with parchment paper rounds.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla, and mix until everything is thoroughly incorporated. Stir in the boiling water; the batter will be very thin.
- Pour the batter into prepared baking pans and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool the layers in the pans for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the butter and the cream cheese. Slowly blend in the powdered sugar and vanilla, then beat until smooth and well-combined.
- On a medium heat bring heavy cream to boil. Place half of the chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl and pour the cream over the chocolate, stir until the chocolate is melted completely. Add remaining chocolate and stir until it’s melted and smooth. Set aside to cool. The ganache should be pourable but not too thin.
- Place 1 layer, flat side up, on a plate or cake stand. With a knife or offset spatula, spread the top with cream cheese filling. Top with the second layer and repeat. Finally, top with the third layer
- Spread the ganache on top all over to the edges and let it drip down the sides. I suggest you to do this in two layers to avoid the ganache run down too much and cover the whole edges of the cake. Also if the ganache won’t drip enough you can slightly reheat the second batch and drizzle it with the spoon
- Decorate with chocolate malt balls
- Refrigerate before serving