APPLE, PECAN CAKE WITH BUTTERCREAM FROSTING – Simple and special dessert for Thanksgiving and holiday season! Easy layer cake is fall treat with chopped apples, pecans and buttercream frosting!
Fall is officially here! It is time for apples, pecans, pumpkins and cooler weather. This cake represents everything I love about this time of year. One of my favorite things about fall is apple desserts and apple recipes!
This Apple Pecan Cake with Buttercream Frosting is my favorite apple cake, I have tried many apple cakes over the years and this is a winner! So moist and dense, with buttercream frosting, delicious cake! Apple Pecan Cake with Buttercream Frosting is full of the flavors of fall and is the perfect way to kick off apple season.
This cake has a few steps, but the steps are pretty easy and it is so worth it. Super sweet, super delicious and super satisfying! Do you have your Thanksgiving dessert? Apple Pecan Cake with Buttercream is everything you imagining and even more! Two layers of apple pecan cake filled with the most luscious buttercream frosting has definitely deserved a spot on your Thanksgiving table.
The buttercream frosting alone is reason enough to drop everything and make this immediately. This buttercream frosting recipe is light, fluffy and tastes great. Perfect consistency and perfect flavor, this is my easy frosting recipe. Everything works really well together and I love how they taste. I want to wish you all Happy Thanksgiving and I hope you have a great day filled with family and good food and this Apple Pecan Cake with Buttercream Frosting. Enjoy!
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups apple, finely chopped
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 ½ to 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 5 tablespoons heavy cream
- Pecans or walnuts, chopped optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease two 8-inch round baking pans, line with parchment paper or waxed paper, set aside
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and baking soda
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer beat eggs and oil until combined
- Add sugar, vanilla and sour cream and mix well
- Slowly add flour mixture until combined (batter will be very thick)
- Stir in apples and nuts and mix
- Pour batter into prepared pans
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick in center comes out clean
- Let cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then remove the cakes to wire racks and let cool completely
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, salt and heavy cream and beat for 5 to 7 minutes until light and fluffy
- Add more powdered sugar as needed for thicker frosting or add heavy cream a little at a time to thin frosting
- Place one of the cake rounds on a serving platter
- Spread a thin layer of buttercream frosting over the cake
- Set another cake layer on top of the filling and spread buttercream frosting over the entire cake
- Press the chopped pecans or walnuts into the sides of the cake and sprinkle some over the edges