Warm apples, crispy topping drizzled with caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream over – enjoy fall with Cinnamon Apple Tart with Caramel Ice Cream Topping. The measures are in spoons, ingredients are so simple and the taste is irresistible!
In the season of apples and pies, each one of us has his favorite version of simple apple pie or cake. This fall I suggest Cinnamon Apple Tart, made of such a basic ingredients, incredibly easy and favorite taste.
It is up to you whether you will use homemade dough or purchased. The recipe works equally with both. Homemade is so easy to make and I prefer to make it, at least a double measure. I freeze the rest of the amount I do not use, to have ready for the next time.
How to Make Cinnamon Apple Tart?
How to Make Homemade Pastry?
It is easier than you are thinking. You don’t need to make yeast mixture and you don’t need to knead. Basic ingredients that you always have in the home: flour (2 1/2cups + more for dusting), butter ( 2 sticks), sugar (1/2 Tbsp), salt (1/2 teaspoon) and water (6-7 Tbsp, cold).
Combine flour, sugar, and salt and add butter. Combine with mixer until coarse crumbs. Add water. The dough should stick together, but if you put too much water will be too sticky to be rolled out.
Form two balls, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate one hour before using. Also, you can freeze other “ball” up to 3 months.
What Apples Do You Use?
For Cinnamon Apple Tart, I used Fuji apples. They are firm and ideal taste. Type of apple good for baking recipes is also Granny Smith or Jonathan. Pink Lady and Golden Delicious are very sweet and tasty, but they are not ideal for baking because they get squashy.
Dice apples and toss with lemon juice, to get a fresh taste, which is needed as a balance with sweet frosting and caramel sauce.
It is easy to make at home caramel sauce, too. Add just 1-2 tbsp milk to ingredients that you already need for Cinnamon Apple Tart. While your pie is baking, you will have enough time.
How to Make Homemade Caramel Ice Cream Topping?
You will need ½ cup of butter, ½ cup of brown sugar, 1-2 tablespoon milk. Have all your ingredients measured and ready. Melt butter in a small saucepan on medium heat and add brown sugar, whisking constantly. Add milk and bring to boil (on medium heat!) and simmer about 2 minutes continuing to whisk. Remove from the heat and let cool for 10 minutes. Continue stirring while cooling, occasionally. Pour over your Cinnamon Apple Tart.
Serve your Cinnamon Apple Tart and vanilla ice cream while still warm. Enjoy!
- 1 homemade pastry
- 4 medium apples, peeled and cut into ½ inch pieces
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter softened
- ¼ cup caramel ice cream topping
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Prepare 12 inch pizza pan with cooking spray and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll pastry out to a 12 inch circle (and a little more, so that it covers the edge of the pan).
- Cut the apples and toss in the lemon juice.
- Mix the sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a large bowl and toss with apples. Place the apple mixture onto the pastry.
- Mix flour, oats, butter, sugar, and cinnamon until it forms crumbs. Sprinkle over the apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees until apples are tender, about 25-30 minutes.
- Serve warm, topped with caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream if desired.