Who doesn’t want a timesaving cooking approach? Well, thousands of kitchen gadgets are there in the markets to serve the cook goals. But which is the one that is highly suitable for your culinary tasks?
When it comes to kitchen tools, I’m sure you must have heard of both blenders and food processors. But what do you think, are they the same? Well, it’s no. Blending and processing machines have got a few similarities, but they serve distinct purposes.
Have you decided to go on a healthy diet with homemade meals? Or, do you care about every square inch available in your counter space just like me? Then you must be having a debate between the two appliances.
Getting both appliances is not suitable for you. First of all, you need to think about your kitchen needs to make the perfect selection for you. Well, I can surely help you with your choice.
Let’s figure out the similarities, functions and dissimilarities of both.
What to choose: Blender vs Food processor
Be it a blending machine or a food processing appliance; each is suited to the different cooking tasks. So, your aim of using them decides which one is ultimately better. Let’s have a quick check on their features and uses:
- A blender is an appliance designed for light kitchen jobs, especially for working with liquids like soups and smoothies.
- When it comes to difficult culinary tasks, such as making dough mixture or slicing veggies, food-processors are ideal.
Fix your purpose, and get one for your cooking counter. But are you still confused which one to use? Check the combo blender which has dual functions as blending and food processing!
Kitchen tasks they perform:
Blending machine deals with the following functions-
- Blending: The machine can pulverize anything easily you pour for its high-speed rotating blades.
- Grinding: Some blending appliances are specialized for grinding nuts, grains and legumes.
- Crushing: Want to have some snowballs? Give your blending machine a chance. It can crush ices in a few minutes and make snowballs. But remember to add water before you put ice into it.
- Smooth Mixing: When you desire to have drinks with creamy textures, go and blend!
A food-processor performs the following specific tasks-
- Shredding: It can shred cheese and other such food items in no time.
- Grating or Chopping: Feeling like having nutty bread? Bring out your processor, and grate nuts and seeds finely.
- Slicing: Making sliced veggies like cauliflower, onions, carrots or cabbage is no big deal.
- Kneading: When it’s time to go for pastry batter or pasts dough, use it for a beautiful kneading. It’ll surely give you your desired texture.
- Rough mixing: Processing machine shines when you want a not too smooth mixture.
Dishes you can prepare with them:
- Purees and soups: Both food processing and blending machine are capable of soup or puree prepping. But for perfect consistency, a blender is the best.
- Smoothies: I must say that no mixer can make a smoothie better than blending machines. For smoothies, use of food-processor is a direct no.
- Textured Sauces or dips: Well, blender and processing machines can help you make dips and sauces. But it’s ideal to use the processor.
- Crusts and doughs: The sharp and dual blades of the food-processing appliance make these tasks easier. The blending gadget with blunt blades may get messy.
- Chopped veggies: When it comes to chopping veggies, I’m sure you are talking about fine chopping and grating. Admit it; food processors are perfect for this task! Fine slicing is not for blending gadgets.
- Blades of blending machine give quicker spins than that of the processor. It is because of its powerful motor.
- In terms of sharpness, the processor’s edge is sharper while that of blending gadget is blunt.
- Usually mixing machine blades are fixed, while that of processing machine is detachable. But nowadays, movable blades for mixers are also available.
- Processors have two large cutters at different heights. The blending machine often comes with a single small one.
- Usually, a blending appliance comes in a jug like a container with a coned base.
- Food processing tool is like extra-large bowls with a flat bottom.
- Generally, blending appliance comes with blades of one set and a container. Sometimes, for processing dry goods, you can get one or two extra boxes.
- Processing gadgets come with several types of attachments. For example, graters, dough blades, choppers and many more.
I’m pretty sure by now you have reached your concluding decision in the blender vs food processor debate. So, get yourself the one which is perfectly suitable for your culinary tasks. Make space in your countertop for the new member!