Cherry Chocolate Cake – amazingly good and so delicious! Light, moist, refreshing and perfect cake for summer parties! Cherry Chocolate Cake is real chocolate heaven!
Yes, my friends think that food blogger is the same as Superman. They think we have a power and our specialties are perfect every time we made them. Yes, but they didn’t see when I baked my cake three times, when my frosting wasn’t light and moist. They didn’t see me when I was sitting in front of my cook book and trying to find a mistake. Everything is perfect when they come over and when I finished my cooking. They have the easiest job, to taste my food and then tell me: “Lidia, you are a wizard, this taste delicious!”, and all I can say: “Oh, yes my dear”.
I got an inspiration for this cake when I watched delicious cakes on Natasha kitchen blog and my friends remember me that it is a cherry time. They remember me every single day, and they even bought me cherries and said: “Dear, your cakes are so delicious”. I concluded that I will have party time at my home at this weekend. I start researching at Pinterest, and thought I must find something good and interesting. I saw a few recipes and then I find this Natasha’s kitchen cake, I made a minor changes and added my favorite ingredients.
Cherry Chocolate cake with rum is great combination and I think that my friends will like it. This Cherry Chocolate cake is very light, moist and so refreshing and it is ideal summer cake. Until I made a cake, my daughter Sarah made light frosting and my cake was done for a very short time. I made a decision to add chocolate glaze and I think that my friends will be speechless when they see decoration and rum cherries.
When I finished my Cherry Chocolate Cake, I have to take a few photos for my blog because I want to share with you this delicious recipe. Cherry Chocolate Cake is in the fridge now waiting for my friends to come over.
- 2 eggs,
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup warm milk
- 4 tablespoon unsweetened dark chocolate cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 24 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 cup fresh pitted cherries (chopped)
- 2 tablespoon rum extract
- 6 tablespoon cold water
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 4 oz heavy cream
- Fresh cherries
- Chocolate curls
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare three 6 inch cake pans by placing parchment paper circles in the bottom of the pans and greasing the sides
- In a medium bowl, combine all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat butter and sugar, on medium speed for two minutes, until light and fluffy, add eggs one at a time, beating and scraping the sides of the bowl after each, add warm milk and mix until smooth.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients with the mixer on low
- Divide cake batter evenly between the three cake pans and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- In a medium bowl, mix roughly chop pitted cherries with 2 tablespoon rum extract and 6 tablespoon cold water, let sit at room temperature 30 minutes then drain cherries in a sieve over a bowl. Keep both the syrup and cherries.
- In a medium bowl, add the heavy whipping cream and mix until becomes thick.
- In separate bowl, mix cream cheese, powdered sugar until become creamy
- Stir together until well combined
- Place the first layer on your cake stand, generously brush the first cake layer with cherry rum syrup. Put frosting on top of the first layer and spread it as even as possible with an offset spatula, evenly place chopped cherries on top of the frosting
- Repeat this process for each layer of cake but don't put cherries over the final layer
- Refrigerate your unfrosted cake for 10-15 min to let it rest, then frost the top and sides.
- Make a quick chocolate ganache by putting the chopped chocolate in a small bowl and heating the cream to a simmer. Pour the hot cream over the chopped chocolate and whisk gently until the chocolate melts and you have a smooth, shiny mixture.
- Pour the ganache over the top of the cake, add the fresh cherries and chocolate curls on top of the cake. Refrigerate to set the ganache.