CREAM CHEESE PEPPERMINT CHRISTMAS BUTTONS – Super Easy to make Christmas Recipe, fantastically festive and always a hit with kids and adults alike! Make these Cream Cheese Peppermint Buttons for holidays and enjoy with your family!
You need something tasty, quick and very sweet for these holidays which are coming. I have the right recipe for you and it is Cream Cheese Peppermint Christmas Buttons.
How cute and festive are these Cream Cheese Peppermint Buttons, these buttons have a really peppermint base and then you give them a decently sized indention and then filled with white chocolate. So good! Peppermint and white chocolate is my absolute favorite winter combo and if you haven’t tried it yet, you definitely need to.
These Cream Cheese Peppermint Buttons are the opposite of those in terms of size, but what they lack in size they make up for in deliciousness. They are little one bite buttons that long to be eaten by the handful.
Peppermint and white chocolate or any chocolate and peppermint are my favorite this time of year. All of us are very busy in these holiday days and we don’t have enough time for everything so this recipe is perfect for us.
These Cream Cheese Peppermint Buttons are very tasty and they look fantastic on the plate. I like this peppermint buttons because you can make them in many different combinations but I mostly make them with white chocolate. Make them in any color you like!
I made them for Christmas every year and you need only a few ingredients: cream cheese, powdered sugar, peppermint extract, red food color, white chocolate chips, heavy whipping cream and crushed peppermint candy for garnish. You can make them very easy and I prefer to make them with my children.
It is very interesting for them especially when they need to roll dough into a ball. These buttons disappear from the plate for a very short time. The best Cream Cheese peppermints you’ll ever try! Incredible easy recipe yields the most delicious, melt in your mouth cream cheese mints around.
They are so easy to make and since you can make them ahead of time, let’s just say that’s awesome. These holidays treats are the perfect addition to cookie trays and make an excellent gift for your friends! Enjoy!
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 ½ - 5 cups powdered sugar
- Red gel food color, optional
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Crushed peppermint candies or crushed candy cane, optional
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and one cup powdered sugar
- Add peppermint extract and red gel food color and mix until combined
- Gradually add the rest of the powdered sugar and mix until combined
- Scoop out a teaspoon of the dough and form into a ball
- Place it on prepared baking sheet and repeat with the rest of the dough
- Use the end of a small measuring spoon to create a well (dust the measuring spoon with powdered sugar if it sticks)
- Chill the peppermint buttons until firm about 1 hour
- Add white chocolate chips to heat resistant bowl, set aside
- Bring heaving whipping cream just to a simmer and pour over the top of the white chocolate chips
- Let stand for 1-2 minutes and then stir until completely smooth
- Spoon a teaspoon of filling into each peppermint button
- Chill for about an hour or until filling has set up
- Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies, if desired
- Store in refrigerator