Ham and Cheese Pull Apart – a super easy appetizer or even lunch box idea that everyone will love. They are creamy, cheesy, and full of flavor!
I love a good appetizer. These Ham and Cheese Tortilla Pull Apart are loaded with all kinds of great flavor, are creamy, cheesy, and something that will disappear in no time!
I decided I wanted to make this into a tortilla pull-apart because I love them and it looks fancy. It is fun for snacking and it looks much more intricate than it is. I think this would be great for the Super Bowl or any other occasion you just want something good to munch on.
What You’ll Need?
Tortillas: Use any type of tortilla you want. I recommend flour tortillas, but you can use whole wheat tortillas or spinach tortillas for a healthier option.
Cream Cheese: Cream cheese is the magic in this recipe! You’ll make the most delicious and creamy spread to use on ham and cheese roll-ups, it makes them so delicious.
Sour Cream: optional
Ranch Dressing Mix: Grab a packet of ranch dressing mix to season these ham and cheese roll-ups to perfection!
Grated Mozzarella Cheese: or choose whatever type of cheese you want!
Deli Ham: I recommend getting thick sliced deli ham. It tends to hold up better when you roll the tortillas and cup the roll-ups into slices.
The sour cream is optional, but I find that it helps the filling mixture spread and combine more easily. So I like to add it. Most recipes you see won’t have it in there, so it is up to you if you want to use it or not.
Can I Add Anything Else To the Ham And Cheese Roll-Ups?
As long as you don’t overload your tortillas, feel free to add any of your favorite sandwich toppings. Thinly sliced onions, spinach, green onion, and bell pepper are great options. Sliced pepperoni peppers and pickles would be tasty too
We’ve got a few guidelines for storing this tasty appetizer.
In the fridge: Store your baked and cooled Ham and Cheese Tortilla Pull Apart in an airtight container in the refrigerator, and they will stay good for up to three days.
If you’d like to enjoy them for any length of time beyond this, you should consider freezing them.
In the freezer: Leftover Tortilla Pull Apart freeze beautifully and all you need to do to freeze them is allow them to cool to room temperature. Transfer them to an airtight, freezer-safe container or a freezer-safe gallon-sized Ziploc bag.
These tortilla roll-ups were simply made for celebrations. Whether it’s a holiday party, Super Bowl or game day gathering, or any simple get-together, these are the party foods you need. Enjoy!
- 2 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream, optional
- 2 Tablespoon ranch dressing mix
- 2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 24 thinly sliced deli ham
- 8 large flour tortillas
- Fresh chives, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease the inside of an 8-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl mix together cream cheese, sour cream and ranch dressing mix until well blended.
- Stir in grated mozzarella cheese until well combined.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over the 8 tortillas, going all the way to the edge.
- Arrange the ham evenly over each tortilla.
- Carefully roll the tortilla making sure to keep it fairly tight
- Slice each tortilla into 3 equal pieces and assemble them in the base of springform pan so the cross-section is facing upwards, and they are tightly packed and add more grated cheese to the top
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Sprinkle with fresh chives to serve