HAMBURGER POTATO CHEESE CASSEROLE – This easy dish is full of flavor and makes a fun dinner the whole family will love!
I like recipes with potatoes and this recipe is great combination of potatoes, ground beef and cheese. Very easy, delicious meal prepare in the oven. Potatoes are always a good idea, and if you add something you like with potatoes, that will be a real hit! If you need a meal in minutes then this is for you.
Made with items I’m sure most of you have on hand and easy enough to put together, it’s a winner when short on time and wanting a tasty meal. This Hamburger Potato Cheese Casserole is simply amazing, kids and adults love it! This has layers of sliced potatoes, ground beef, mushroom soup and cheddar cheese.
Everyone loves this recipe. If you are looking for an incredible and delicious meal to feed your family, this is it. My mom has been making this recipe for years. It is always been a family favorite and I do as well for my family. This recipe is full of flavor. Your family needs to be happy when you are sitting at the table. The best part about any casserole recipes is that you have whole meal in just one dish. You simply can’t wrong with Hamburger Potato Cheese Casserole.
My family loves this hamburger potato cheese casserole. This recipe is one you will definitely want to save it’s perfect for a busy night. Casseroles keep well and my family loves anything with hamburger and cheese.
- 4-5 large potatoes
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 12 slices cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley chopped, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Peel and slice potatoes, set aside
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef and onion, let simmer for 5-10 minutes, set aside
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream of mushroom soup, milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste, mix well
- Spray 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray
- Layer half of the potatoes in the bottom of the prepared baking dish
- Top with half the ground beef mixture
- Pour half the soup mixture over the ground beef
- Top with sliced cheddar cheese
- Repeat with second layer, top with remaining sliced cheese
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in preheat oven
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, remover foil and bake another 15-20 minutes until potatoes are fork tender
- Remove for the oven and let casserole stand for about 10 minutes
- Top with parsley for garnish
- Slice and serve
I just made this recipe for dinner. I’m really happy with the way it turned out. Super yummy! Thank you for posting it!
You’re very welcome, Dawn! 🙂 I’m glad you like the recipe!
I made this last night with my own twist and it came out delish! I added mushrooms and minced garlic and used shredded mozzarella/Parmesan cheese instead of the sliced cheddar. It came out moist and very tasty and was loved by my honey.i will be making this again!!