CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM CASSEROLE – Easy and delicious creamy Chicken and Mushroom Casserole, a family favorite meal! Easiest, tastiest weeknight dinner ever!
A creamy and delicious dish Chicken and Mushroom Casserole is full of flavor and mushrooms and will be one of the best things that you make. Delicious Chicken and Mushroom Casserole is one of the most delicious dinner recipes you will try.
Everyone loves this recipe. If you are looking for an incredible, delicious and healthy meal to feed your family, this is it. I am someone who really likes to spend time in the kitchen preparing dishes for my family and friends. I usually make something which my children like but I must say that they eat almost everything. Of course I have these days when I am busy so I prepare something quick and easy but tasty such as Chicken and Mushroom Casserole.
I like recipes with chicken and mushroom and this recipe is great combination. Very easy, quick meal which you prepare in the oven and this recipe requires a little effort and little time for preparing. We like chicken and mushroom in many different ways, you can serve this recipe like main or side dish. Chicken breast is always a good idea and if you add something you like that will be a real hit. This recipe is not anything new, but I want to share my way of preparing Chicken and Mushroom Casserole.
I often prepare chicken in my kitchen, especially chicken breast because require less thermal processing and I am a big fun of anything that comes covered in a creamy sauce. I recommend serving this Chicken and Mushroom Casserole with rice, pasta or mashed potatoes. . If you want to make something fine this is right choice for you. Your family needs to be happy when you are sitting at the table. Just throw all ingredients together and bake. Enjoy!
- 2-3 large boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch thick strips
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided or vegetable oil
- ½ cup all-purpose flour to coat the chicken
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ⅓ cup milk
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, for garnish
- Heat oven to 350 F degrees
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper
- Add the flour to a shallow dish
- Coat both sides of the chicken with flour, shake off excess flour
- In a large skillet heat 3 tablespoons oil over medium heat
- Golden brown chicken on both sides
- Note that the chicken doesn't have to be cooked thoroughly because it will finish cooking in the oven
- Transfer chicken in 8x8 inch baking dish
- Add 3 tablespoons oil to the same skillet with sliced mushrooms and diced onions and cook until golden brown
- Add minced garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes
- Spread mushroom mixture over the chicken
- In the same pan you have been using melt butter add flour and whisk until lightly golden
- Add chicken broth, salt and pepper to taste, lemon juice and whisk until smooth
- Add milk and heavy cream and bring to a simmer
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and mushrooms
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 30-35 minutes
- Garnish with parsley and serve
Leave a Reply