Two of the most talked about gameplay mechanics are the infinireels and the infinity reels. Both have been touted as being the next big thing in slot gaming – claim free spins at Mega Reel. Both are also incredibly similar, leaving some players to wonder if they are the same.
What are Infinity Reels
Infinity reels are often touted as being the next big thing in online slot gaming. But what exactly are they?
- Players have become accustomed to the reel grid remaining the same size but thanks to infinity reels this is no longer the case. Infinity reels actually increase size by adding new reels to the right of the grid.
- There are a number of scenarios that can result in the infinity reels increasing in size, for example getting a win cluster of five or more symbols or extending the winning cluster.
- In theory, players can actually add an infinite amount of reels, hence the name infinity reels!
- Presents a new and unique format which is sure to excite players new and old.
What are Infinireels?
Infinireels may seem like a similar game mechanic to infinity reels but there are actually a few things which differentiate the two.
- Though the slot grid may initially seem the same as a classic 3×3 grid, the infinireels game mechanic ensures that this isn’t the case. The grid actually adds some extra reels to the right!
- Players simply need to win with a matching symbol in each reel of the grid in order to make the reels grow a little.
- Payouts can be stretched to absolutely massive proportions because of this, promising big wins for some lucky players.
- If you fail to match symbols on each of the reels, the reel size will simply reset in order to let the player start over for their next spin.
- As the name suggests, technically players can extend this grid a never ending amount. Although this would be impossible as every slot is limited somewhat.
- Though the odds aren’t always in favour of the player, they will certainly be able to get some huge wins before the reels reset themselves.
Major Differences and Benefits
While they may sound incredibly similar, the reels have minor differences that make them completely separate entities. The first difference is that infinireels play across the reels whilst infinity reels play in clusters. Playing across the reels means that infinireels pay out in a much more traditional way than infinity reels. All symbols that match must be on separate reels. Infinity reels play in clusters, this means that the symbols only need to be touching in some way for a payout to activate. This can be horizontal, vertically or even diagonally. Winning doesn’t automatically extend the reels with infinity reel slots, this is because they need a symbol to land on the right side of the grid to trigger the feature.
Although they aren’t the same, the confusion is understandable as both infinireels and infinity reels are very similar to each other!