Valentine Shortbread Cookies – It is Valentine’s day, so let it be magical and romantic! Make these delicious Valentine Shortbread Cookies and spend perfect moments with your partner!
My favorite desserts for Valentine’s Day are for sure these Valentine Shortbread Cookies. You can make them very easy and they are very delicious and effective for this special day. You can imagine this special day with your love one and with cup of coffee and these Valentine Shortbread Cookies.
Color, decoration, taste and smell effect on your mood. I can say that for me every day is special because I have right person by myself. We all know that love come on mouth so I am going to make many of good recipes and of course some desserts. Don’t go in restaurant and enjoy at home with your favorites Valentine Shortbread Cookies. You need to make these Valentine Shortbread Cookies with lots of love and that is ideal occasion to share your passion with your love one in the kitchen. These Valentine Shortbread Cookies are perfect for that. You can make them very easy and for a short time. They are so gentle so when I tried them for the first time I felt in love. These Valentine Shortbread Cookies are traditional cookies so you can make in many shapes stars, Christmas tree, but for Valentine’s we usually make in heart shape.
You can decorate them if desired. Also you can season them with cinnamon, Nutmeg or ginger. Valentine Shortbread Cookies are so crispy and delicious. The only thing which I don’t like so much is shaping, but we must have patient for our lovers. They look incredible and taste like that too. I am sure that your lover will like these Valentine Shortbread Cookies.
It is Valentine’s let it be magical, romantic and unforgettable. I am pretty sure that your Valentine’s will be exactly like that with these Valentine Shortbread Cookies. Make this day special and surprise your lover. Valentine Shortbread Cookies are ideal cookies which melt in your mouth. Enjoy!
- 1 cup salted butter, cold and cut into pieces
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Red food colors
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1.5 oz white chocolate for garnish
- Heart shaped sprinkles, optional
- In a medium bowl of an electric stand mixer cream together butter, granulated sugar, vanilla extract and stir a few drops of red food color until well combined
- Add all-purpose flour and mix until combined
- Knead dough by hand for 5 minutes
- The dough should end up soft and pliable, similar to play-dough, not sticky
- Form a ball, wrap tightly and chill for about 30 minutes
- While the dough is resting, preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- Roll dough out to about ½ inch thickness, use a cookie cutter for shapes
- Place each cookie 2 inches apart on baking sheet
- Bake 8-10 minutes
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool
- Melt white chocolate, transfer into a small bag, cut the corner off and pipe melted chocolate on top of the cookies and sprinkle with heart shaped sprinkles if desired