CHRISTMAS SNOWBALL COOKIES – They are buttery, melt in your mouth cookies, perfect coffee and tea cookie for your holiday cookie platter!
Delicious buttery sugar covered cookie looks like a snowball are known by many names: Snowball Cookies, Russian Tea Cakes and Danish Wedding Cookies. These cookies are perfect for Christmas. They melt in your mouth.
Christmas Snowball Cookies are a family favorite Christmas cookie and perfect for holiday gift giving. These cookies are one of my favorites. Easy and simple but delightfully delicious, making these Christmas Snowball Cookies is truly one of my fondest memories of my childhood Christmas traditional. I made these cookies with my mother each year and I felt like a big girl rolling the dough into balls with her. I am love carrying on the tradition with my kids too.
These are so delicious that melt in your mouth so I am making them in huge amounts. Even if you don’t eat them all they stay soft and tasty after a few days. Holidays are coming and all of us are in that holiday mood so you want something nice, sweet and tasty for you and your family and something which is going to make these holiday day special. These Christmas Snowball Cookies are very easy to make and you need only basic ingredients for them flour, powdered sugar, butter, vanilla and chocolate chips or if you want you can add walnuts, almonds instead chocolate chips.
Quick and easy snowball cookies are perfect for every occasion so you can make little presents of them. I can’t imagine New Year without these lovely sweet Snowball cookies. These Christmas Snowball Cookies are so nice and I am sure that you will love them on the first bite. When my friends come over I have these sweets so we can enjoy while we are spending time together. You can eat them with a cup of coffee or tea if you want so try to surprise someone with this easy recipe. Now, when your holiday preparations are over I can wish you to spend holidays in peace and harmony with your friends and family and enjoy in this Christmas Snowball Cookies.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, combine unsalted butter, all-purpose flour and powdered sugar, stir until well combined
- Add vanilla and salt and mix until smooth
- Stir in the chocolate chips, if dough is too soft chill it until you can work it easily with your hands
- Scoop into balls, about 1 tablespoon each and place on prepared cookie sheet
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until bottoms are just slightly brown
- Let cool for a couple minutes then roll in powdered sugar until coated
- Place on rack to cool completely and roll in powdered sugar one more time to give it a thick coating
- Store cookies in an airtight container
Can the snowball cookies be frozen? If so, how long can they be frozen,and how long to defrost? How long will they be good for?
Lidia Simic says
Hi Marion, You can freeze balls of the cookie dough and just bake from frozen for an additional minute. Or you can freeze the baked cookies once they’ve cooled, just thaw to room temperature before serving. I usually store these cookies for up to 5-7 days in an airtight container on the counter. I sometimes re-roll them in powdered sugar after thawing. Have a Merry Christmas!
Yummy! Love them!!!!
Yummiest Food says
You’re very welcome! 🙂
Can you omit the chocolate
Yummiest Food says
Yes, you can.
These are dangerously addictive and easy to make. Thank you for the new Christmas cookie I’ve added to the yearly list!