Chocolate Covered Cherry Brownie Bombs combine the flavors of chocolate brownie and cherry all wrapped up in a bite-sized delicious dessert!
They are super simple to make and they taste fantastic. They would be great for holiday parties or a delicious homemade holiday gift. Make a batch of these truffles in a foil pan and pop a bow on the lid. Perfect!
How to Make Chocolate-Covered Cherry Brownie Bombs?
- First, make your brownies according to the instructions on the box. If you’ve got a favorite homemade recipe you love, that works, too.
- Chocolate-covered cherry brownie bombs are made starting with a delicious chocolate brownie that’s been crumbled and mixed with a chocolate frosting.
- The brownie mixture is scooped and then flattened.
- Placed in the center is a delicious maraschino cherry.
- All of that goodness is rolled up into a bite-sized ball and then dipped in delicious chocolate.
This dessert is rich in flavor and has a wonderful cake-like texture. It’s similar to biting into a chocolate-covered cherry candy and is absolutely delicious!
These little bombs are a whole lot easier than they look, and they end up looking like these super fancy truffles!
Brownie Mix: You can substitute a dark chocolate box of brownie mix or even a homemade brownie recipe for the boxed brownie mix. The mix is a bit more convenient.
Frosting: You can make homemade frosting, but you need so little to make this recipe that it’s not really worth the effort. I just use store-bought frosting.
How to Store Cherry Bombs?
Store these chocolate-covered cherry brownie bombs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can also freeze them for up to three months in an airtight container or freezer bag as well.
These Chocolate Covered Brownie Cherries are rich, chocolaty, gooey, and sweet with juicy maraschino cherries in every bite! This truffle is reminiscent of chocolate-covered cherries found at candy stores during the holiday season but even better! Now you can make and eat chocolate-covered cherries any time of the year. Enjoy!
- 18.3 ounces chewy fudge brownie mix
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup water
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 container of chocolate frosting
- 10 ounces maraschino cherries (drained, stems removed, and patted dry)
- 15 oz chocolate almond bark, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Generously spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with baker’s spray
- Add the brownie mix, vegetable oil, water, and eggs to a medium-sized mixing bowl. Stir just until combined, do not over-mix. Evenly spread the brownie batter into the prepared baking dish
- Bake according to the package instructions. Allow the brownies to cool completely
- Once the brownies have cooled completely, start to crumble the brownies into a medium bowl and mix in about ¾ a cup of chocolate frosting. (You may need to add a little more, but you start with ¾ a cup and add more if you need it.)
- Use a large spoon to combine the brownies and frosting until an even consistency
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Use a 1½ tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop the brownie mixture
- Form it into a ball, but then make a hole in the middle that you can drop one of the cherries into indention
- Fold the brownie over the cherry and roll it into a ball to seal the cherry inside.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet and repeat for the remaining brownie mixture.
- Place the brownie balls into the refrigerator for 1 hour
- Melt the chocolate and let it sit for 5 minutes to slightly cool so the bombs won’t melt while dipping
- Remove bombs from the refrigerator and begin dipping into the chocolate using a fork or a spoon
- Place chocolate covered bombs onto parchment paper
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve