EASY CHOCOLATE DIPPED MADELEINES – Classic Madeleine recipe dipped in chocolate and decorated with chopped pecan or walnuts. This Easy Chocolate Dipped Madeleine is fun and delicious!
I love Madeleine cookies they are one of my all-time favorites. I remember as a kid, visiting my grandmother, she always has this in the biscuit tin. The flavor of this cookie is just so divine. They are deliciously buttery and sweet.
Chocolate Dipped Madeleine is so incredibly easy to make and they bake in about 10 minutes. You will need a Madeleine pan to make this. Madeleine is a small butter cake with the beautiful shell shape. Each Madeleine is firm with crunchy edges with the hump in the middle of the cake.
The process is pretty easy. You start out by melting butter and setting it aside so it’s cool by the time you need to use it. Next, you beat eggs, vanilla extract and salt until frothy. Gradually add sugar while beating for 3-5 minutes, until mixture is thick (mixture will form ribbons when beaten is lifted).
Fold in the flour and use a spatula to mix well, add lemon zest then pour melted butter over batter and gently stir and blend until combined. Add about 1 tablespoon of batter into madeleine pan (don’t spread it) and bake about 10-12 minutes until puffed and light brown.
To make the Madeleine extra humpy, chill the batter in the fridge for a couple of hours before baking. They are so good with a cup of hot coffee or tea! The most common toppings are a simple glaze or a dusting of powdered sugar.
This recipe is for basic Madeleine. Everyone loves a rich buttery madeleine with a texture of the cookie and a cake. I like to add chocolate and fun toppings you get a delicious and beautiful treat. If you have never tasted Madeleine cookies you have to give it a try.
These mini cakes are a delight and perfect for a tea party or any special occasions. We really enjoy them because they are just the right size to hold in your hand and two Madeleine is all that is needed to satisfy that sweet craving. Enjoy and have a wonderful day!
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Lemon zest from half of the lemon
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup all-purpose flour, sieved
- 8 oz chopped milk or dark chocolate, chopped
- Chopped pecan or walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease the madeleine pan with butter and dust with flour, set aside
- Melt butter, set aside to cool to room temperature
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, vanilla extract and salt until frothy
- Gradually add sugar while beating for 3-5 minutes, until mixture is thick (mixture will form ribbons when beaten is lifted)
- Fold in the flour and use a spatula to mix well
- Add lemon zest
- Pour melted butter over batter and gently stir and blend until combined
- Add about 1 tablespoon of batter into madeleine pan (don't spread it)
- Bake about 8-10 minutes until puffed and edges of the madeleine are light brown
- Let the madeleine cool in the pan for a few minutes then gently remove them from pan and let cool on a cooling rack
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Add chocolate to medium microwave safe bowl
- Heat in microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring between intervals until melted and smooth
- Dip half of each madeleine at an angle into chocolate, shake to let excess run off
- Transfer to parchment paper and sprinkle with chopped pecans or walnuts
- Let chocolate set at room temperature or in refrigerator to set quicker before serving