There is no better way to start your day than with a healthy breakfast. With busy schedules and increasing demands on your time, it can be a challenge to eat healthy at any meal. Breakfast has always been the most important meal of the day. It helps kickstart your body and brain, helping you to prepare for the challenges of your day.
It’s easy to grab something on the run, but those types of drive-thru solutions can be lacking. The higher sugar content can end up adding to your fat intake and leaving you feeling drained once the sugar high wears off.
Many people survive on sugary snacks and caffeine all day and then have no energy or drive by midday. Starting with a full nutritious breakfast has been shown to improve not only your health but your cognitive abilities as well.
If you are trying to follow a weight loss plan for women and make better nutritional choices, you will love this delicious breakfast recipe. This easy to make frittata is packed full of nutrients, protein and flavor. The great thing is that you can make this breakfast treat just once a week and keep it in the fridge to have each morning. It’s great both hot or cold!
Vegetable Breakfast Frittata
Cooking Skill: Beginner – Easy
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 6 servings
2 tbsps Extra virgin olive oil
1 Small green pepper, diced
1 Small red pepper, diced
½ Small red onion, thinly sliced
2 Cups Baby spinach
¼ Cup Sundried tomatoes (not in oil), chopped
1 Clove garlic, sliced
10 Large eggs, beaten
1tsp Kosher salt
Pepper to taste
Hot sauce for serving
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Heat the oil in a medium cast iron frying pan. Make sure that the sides are high enough to accommodate all of your ingredients.
- Add peppers and onion and saute for 6-7 minutes.
- Add spinach and sundried tomatoes and allow spinach to wilt but keep its color, approximately 1 minute.
- Add salt and a pinch of pepper for seasoning.
- Reduce to low heat and add the eggs. Stir to mix the ingredients evenly.
- Put pan in oven on the middle tray to bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve with hot sauce.
This dish is perfect for the busy working woman. Make your frittata at the beginning of the week and have one slice each morning to give yourself the breakfast boost that you need. This low calorie, low fat breakfast packs a bunch of flavor that will leave you wanting more. A slice of whole wheat toast or a bowl of fresh fruit are great side dish ideas to complete your meal.
If you are trying your best to stay on track with a healthy lifestyle, start off on the right foot with this delicious breakfast. Your body and your taste buds will thank you!