This easy No Bake Salted Caramel Oreo Icebox Cake recipe includes coffee, salted caramel, cream cheese, and delicious Oreo cookies. It’s an impressive old fashioned style sweet that can be knocked up very quickly and is an absolutely amazing summer dessert for a crowd!
No Bake Salted Caramel Oreo Icebox Cake layered with coffee dipped Oreo cookies, cream cheese and whipped cream, need I say anything more? This recipe is super easy to make and can be made in under 15 minutes! It’s the perfect dessert for a hot summer’s day when the last thing you want to do, is turn on your oven.
The traditional icebox cake, that Grandmas all over the country, used to make was a dessert made with whipped cream and chocolate wafers or biscuits. The biscuits were stacked with layers of whipped cream to form a brick, which was then frozen overnight. The biscuits absorb the whipped cream and the cake could be served in slices. This version is a little bit different but just as delicious, if not better!
When making the salted caramel, make sure that you use real coarse ground sea salt, as you don’t want your caramel to taste too salty! Here are a few other things you’ll need for this no-bake cake: chocolate and caramel ice cream topping, lots of Oreo cookies, a cup of your favorite coffee and lashings of freshly whipped cream!
If you’re a fan of Salted Caramel coffee beverages, you’ll definitely love this savory sweet dessert with its luxurious taste of the coffee. It’s perfect for making up in advance, as you need to make sure it’s well chilled before cutting this great tasting treat, so that it can be shared with your family or dinner guests.
How to Make No Bake Salted Caramel Oreo Icebox Cake
Start by lining an 8 inch by 8-inch making tray with non- stick paper.
Dip 16 Oreo cookies in the cooled coffee mixture, I add a little sugar to the coffee as I have a sweet tooth and place the dipped biscuits in the bottom of the pan.
Now in a bowl, mix together the caramel topping and sea salt. You can adjust the salt taste to your liking, depending on if your sea salt is coarse or fine.
In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese and caramel until creamy. To this mix, add and fold in 2 cups of Cool Whip.
Spread half the caramel cheesecake mixture over the bottom layer of Oreo cookies in the pan.
Add another layer of dipped Oreo biscuits and top with the remaining caramel cheesecake.
Decorate the top by spreading 1 cup of Cool Whip over the top.
Now put our creation into the fridge, for at least a couple of hours but preferably overnight until well set.
Cut into squares using a knife which has been dipped into boiling water. Top with extra Cool Whip, caramel and chocolate syrups, and extra sea salt if desired. Cut into 16 squares. Store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator.
- 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup caramel ice cream topping
- ½ teaspoon coarse ground sea salt
- 32 Oreo cookies (4 packets)
- 6 ounces strong coffee, cooled (and sweetened if you’re like me)
- 4 cups Cool Whip, divided
- caramel and chocolate syrups
- sea salt
- Prepare an 8-inch by an 8-inch baking tray with non-stick paper.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the caramel topping and sea salt. Be careful with the salt as you can always add more but you can’t take away.
- Beat the cream cheese and caramel until creamy. Fold in 3 cups of Cool Whip.
- Dip 16 Oreo cookies in the prepared and cooled coffee and place biscuit’s carefully in the bottom of the prepped tray.
- Spread half the caramel cheesecake mixture over the Oreo cookies.
- Repeat the layers with the remaining cookies and caramel cheesecake.
- Spread 1 cup of Cool Whip over the top. Refrigerate until well set.
- Top with extra Cool Whip and decorate with caramel and chocolate syrups, and extra sea salt if desired.
- Cut into 9 squares, using a knife dipped in boiling water.
Store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator.