HEALTHY CARROT OATMEAL MUFFINS – Perfect and healthy way to start your day! Great for breakfast, snack or a dessert!
These Healthy Carrot Oatmeal Muffins are full of carrots, pecans, coconut and pineapple. They are soft and full of delicious flavor, best healthy muffins to wake up. They are super moist from the grated carrots and pineapple and have a yummy, spicy flavor from cinnamon and nutmeg.
Chopped pecans add a delicate crunch and pair beautifully with the sweetness from the carrot. These Carrot Oatmeal Muffins are great for breakfast or as a snack and can be ready in no time. You only need to mix all the ingredients, add in the muffin pan and for a couple of minutes, you have your healthy breakfast.
Lovely flavored Carrot Muffins that will fill you for hours and give you the energy to start your day right. You need a quick and easy breakfast recipe to make ahead for busy mornings so you can just grab a piece and eat and go, or pack a healthy snack for your kids. The healthy recipe is my favorite part of my job.
I love to bring you delicious recipes for you to share with your family and friends. Oats are a very healthy ingredient, and we need to eat it more because it has plenty of minerals and prevents obesity, it is very filling and healthy. Sweet treat in muffin shape, perfect for every occasion and when you try to make these healthy carrot muffins, you will make it again and again.
They’re super fluffy, moist and perfect and no flour, no butter and no oil. My kids love all about the carrot. In fact, these didn’t last more than a day and a half at my house. If they do end up lasting longer than mine did, just be sure to store them in the fridge in an airtight container.
They should be good for several days. This muffin freezes very well and can last up to 3 months in an airtight container or freezer bag. You can thaw in the refrigerator or warm in the microwave or oven. Enjoy in this delicious and light breakfast!
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats, old-fashioned oats
- 1 ½ cups raw grated carrot
- ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- ½ cup shredded sweetened coconut
- ½ cup crushed pineapple
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners
- In a large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt, whisk until combined, set aside
- In a separate bowl, combine applesauce, eggs and vanilla extract and whisk just until combined, add grated carrot, chopped pecans, shredded coconut and pineapple and stir well
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined (do not over mix)
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean
- Cool muffins in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack
- Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled