These chewy Strawberry Oatmeal Cookies are super healthy and easy to make from scratch recipe. They are a perfect, healthy and gluten free snack, suitable for vegans and those who enjoy clean eating.
Do you know what’s my obsession lately? Strawberries! Fruity, juicy, sweet and flavourful strawberries. Why do I feel you’re not surprised? Maybe because it’s Spring and strawberries are now in season.
Well, my fridge is well stocked with this amazing fruit. I love to binge on strawberries when they appear on the market. I know you’ll all agree with me on this one – Strawberries are the best!
And while I was in the car the other day, waiting to pick up my kids from school, the scent of fresh strawberries I had just bought, spread throughout the car and inspired me to make some kind of delightful strawberry dessert for my family that afternoon. And then it hit me. I hadn’t made my old family favorite, Strawberry Oatmeal Cookies for a while.
The thought of sweet, chewy cookies filled with fruity fresh strawberries literally made my head spin.
When we returned home, I got down to business and I baked up a batch of these Strawberry Oatmeal Cookies and as you can probably guess, everyone loved them. They soon disappeared, and everybody agreed that they were the best cookies ever.
But these cookies go beyond snack or simple afternoon dessert that go so well with coffee or tea. Since they are highly nutritious – filled with dietary fibers and healthy energy boosting proteins, they are the perfect on-to-go breakfast. Also, these are perfect for the kid`s school lunch-box or for an afternoon snack. Your kids will love these Strawberry Oatmeal Cookies.
How to Make Strawberry Oatmeal Cookies
Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with baking parchment.
Nest in a small bowl, mix the water and flax meal together and let it sit for 5 minutes until it forms into a gel.
In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the flax egg and vanilla and continue to mix.
Now you can add the gluten free flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
Stir in the oats and mix together well combined, now gently stir in the strawberries.
Drop tablespoon quantities of the dough, onto the cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
Allow cooling fully on the cookie sheet.
- ½ cup vegan buttery spread
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend King Arthur or Namaste works well
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 cups certified gluten free whole oats
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment.
- In a small bowl, make the flax egg by mixing the water and flax meal together and let it sit for 5 minutes until it forms a gel.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the flax egg and vanilla and continue to mix.
- Add the gluten free flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Add and stir in the oats. Once combined, gently stir in the strawberries.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of the cookie dough onto the baking parchment.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Allow cooling fully on the cookie sheet.
- If decorating with lemon drizzle, mix together the lemon juice, icing sugar and water. Using a piping bag, pipe lines of lemon drizzle onto the cookies and allow to dry.
Store in an airtight container.
Perfect for breakfast or as a treat for the kids.
Unbelievably delicious and highly addictive!