KIT KAT and M&M chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting – Fun to make and party to eat! This cake is so good and easy to make. Perfect for birthdays and other celebrations!
Kit Kat and M&M’s decoration is so nice and funny and it is very popular on birthday parties.
My son likes sweets very much so I have decided to make this cake for his birthday party. He doesn’t have ideas or wishes when the decoration is on point so I think that this option with many chocolates and candies is ideal choice. I wanted to make a cake that was extra special. Kit Kat and M&M cake is a chocolate layer cake with peanut butter frosting, surrounded by over 40 Kit Kat bars, topped with 2 bags of M&M’s. For the base you can prepare any cake you like the most but I really nice taste and nice look so my choice is this Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting.
This recipe is super choice because you can make it very quickly and easy. I can’t wait to see faces of my family when they see the cake. Also I can’t describe you how happy I am because I am making this cake for my son’s birthday. Cake must be chocolate, nice and fine and decoration is so easy. We like chocolate cakes especially when biscuits are moist and in that case you can slice it easily. Peanut butter frosting is something which perfectly goes with chocolate cakes and I am sure that many of you have tasted this cake. For those who don’t like peanuts in cakes I can recommend that they will change the maid. This moist fine chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting melts in your mouth. That’s why I made it over and over again.
Kit Kat and M&M Chocolate Cake with peanut butter frosting is impressive cake in every case. You can make it easy and taste is delicious. If you are looking for something like that you are on the right way! Needless to say, the cake was a hit! I will definitely be making a Kit Kat and M&M cake again when I need to bake something festive. Enjoy!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1¾ cups flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup canola oil or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups salted butter, room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups peanut butter
- 9 cups powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup milk or water
- 1 cup peanut butter M&M's
- 10-11 Kit Kat candy bars
- 2 (19.20 ounce) bags of peanut butter M&M's
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Grease and flour three 8 inch round baking pans
- In a large bowl stir together sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- Add eggs, buttermilk, oil and vanilla extract and mix on medium speed 2-3 minutes
- Stir in boiling water (batter will be very thin)
- Pour batter into 3 prepared pans and bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean
- Cool 5 minutes in the pan and then remove from pans to wire racks and cool completely
- In a large mixer bowl, beat the butter and peanut butter together until smooth
- Slowly add half of the powdered sugar and mix until smooth
- Add half of milk or water and mix until smooth
- Slowly add the remaining powdered sugar and mix well and add additional milk or water as needed to get the right consistency
- Place the first cake layer on a serving plate and top with about 1 cup of frosting, smooth frosting into an even layer
- Sprinkle ½ cup peanut butter M&M's on top of the frosting and press into the frosting
- Add the next cake layer and top with about 1 cup of frosting, smooth frosting into an even layer
- Add remaining half of the peanut butter M&M's on top the frosting and press into the frosting
- Add the final cake layer to the top of the cake and frost all over top and sides of cakes
- After unwrapping all of the candy bars, stick Kit Kat's to the sides of the cake, lining them up vertically, side by side
- Wrap a bow around the cake, securing the Kit Kat's
- Fill the top of the cake with M&M's. You should have about 1 ½ inches of vertical space above the cake to add the M&M's.
- Serve at room temperature.