Best Ever Frozen Cheesecake Brownies, is easy to make from scratch recipe, which is a delicious summer dessert, that is great for kids, potlucks or house parties. These Brownies are scrumptiously rich and very fudgy, that have a creamy cheesecake layer in the middle. A perfect cheesecake and brownie combination that can be a sweet treat for your family and friends.
Frozen Cheesecake Brownies have delicious layers of fudgy brownie and creamy cheesecake. Add some fresh berries, and you’ve got one memorable summer dessert.
You can probably guess, in my house, we all love Frozen Cheesecake Brownies. It’s our family go-to dessert for just about any occasion, from birthdays to family get-togethers, if I cant think to make something else.
The original recipe of this brownie came from a friend of mine, which is great on its own, but I added a layer of cheesecake, so we end up with two layers of delicious fudgy brownies and an extra creamy cheesecake filling. You could top each portion with whipped cream and fresh summer strawberries, that have been tossed in sugar to make them extra sweet, to give a little bit of extra jazziness…
There’s so much to love about this recipe. The is fudgy and dense brownie base, with crispy edges, that make you go for one more piece every time. And the cheesecake layer couldn’t be simpler. Only a few ingredients are needed to make the most luscious layer that you have ever had.
How to Make Best Ever Frozen Cheesecake Brownies
Turn on your oven and preheat to 350F.
Prepare an 8 inch by 8 inch baking tray with lightly greased, baking paper and put to one side.
In a heatproof bowl, melt the butter and chocolate chips over a saucepan with hot water on low heat, stirring frequently, until melted. You can also use your microwave to do this in 30-second bursts. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a separate large bowl, beat remaining sugar and eggs together until smooth and well-combined. Add vanilla and chocolate mixture, and mix gently in with a metal spoon, until well-combined. Stir in remaining flour and salt and again combined gently with the aid of a metal spoon.
Using a whisk and a clean bowl, beat together, the cream cheese and a 1/3 cup of sugar, until completely smooth. To this mix, beat in one egg and fold in 2 tablespoons flour using a metal spoon.
Spread three-quarters of the chocolate brownie mixture into your prepared pan.
Pour the cream cheese mixture over this chocolate brownie layer, and spread evenly.
Carefully now top the cream cheese layer with remaining brownie batter, and gently spread to completely cover the cream cheese mixture.
Transfer Frozen Cheesecake Brownies to the oven and between bake for 40 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick comes out with just fudgy crumbs. Be careful, not to overcook your brownie as it will be more like a cake.
Cool on a wire rack for 1 1/2 hours.
Allow going completely cold on a wire rack before cutting into portions.
- ½ cup butter
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 16 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1½ cups granulated sugar divided
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup +2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- Whipped Cream
- Strawberries or Summer Fruits
- Vanilla Ice-cream
- Sprigs of Mint
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease an 8x8-inch baking pan, and line with greased baking paper.
- In a saucepan, over low heat, melt the butter and chocolate chips, stirring all the time, until melted. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese and ⅓ cup sugar together until smooth.
- Beat in egg and 2 tablespoons flour. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, beat remaining sugar and eggs together until smooth and well-combined.
- To this mix, add the vanilla essence and chocolate mixture, and mix until well-combined.
- Stir in the 2 cups of flour and salt until combined.
- Carefully spread ¾ of the brownie mixture into the prepared baking tray.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over brownie layer, and spread evenly.
- Top with the remaining brownie mixture and gently spread out to cover the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake in the oven, for 40-50 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick comes out with just a few fudgy crumbs. Allow going completely cold
If you feel like pushing the boat out, serve with mixed summer berries: strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries, whipped cream or ice cream of your liking.
Store in an airtight container, for up to a week in the fridge or a month in the freezer.