Caramel Apple Pie Bombs are little balls of dough filled with delicious apple pie filling and brushed with melted butter and cinnamon sugar! Easy and so delicious mini-sized desserts are perfect for a single serving!
They are served warm, fresh out of the oven, just as they are, or with a little caramel sauce or vanilla ice cream.
How to Make Caramel Apple Pie Bombs?
The first important step is flattening the biscuits. There are a couple of ways to flatten them:
- Using a rolling pin, you can gently roll the biscuit
- You can also just use your fingers to press the biscuit dough until it’s flattened.
- Lastly, if you have a tortilla press, you can gently press the biscuit dough.
Then you can fill them with apple pie filling and caramel candy and press them closed
Be sure you completely seal up the apple pie filling. If you have any sort of opening you will have apple pie filling leaking everywhere.
Can you Make Caramel Apple Bombs Ahead of Time?
Sadly, you can’t prep these Caramel Apple Pie Bombs very far ahead of time and they are not good reheated either.
They are best made and served fresh, but there are a couple of tips I can give you if you need some wiggle room.
You can make the homemade apple pie filling ahead of time so that’s ready to go and you just have to assemble the pie bombs.
Can I Use Apple Jam Instead of The Apple Pie Filling?
I would recommend the apple pie filling instead of any jam because it has a different texture and flavor to it. Therefore, the apple pie filling gives this dessert a closer feeling to the traditional apple pie.
Store these apple pie bombs in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
Caramel Apple Pie Bombs are the new fall favorite dessert in your home and they couldn’t be easier. You’ll be enjoying this awesome dessert in about 40 minutes.
If you’ve never had these apple pie bombs before, you’re in for quite a treat. Enjoy!
- 1 (16.3-oz) can refrigerated biscuit dough
- 8 caramel candies
- 1 tablespoon butter, plus 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 apples, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Cinnamon sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a medium cooking dish with cooking spray
- In a medium skillet over medium high heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter
- Add apples, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt and cook until apples are tender about 5 minutes, set aside
- Remove biscuits from can and stretch slightly
- Place 1 tablespoon of apple pie filling in the center of the dough circle and one caramel candy on top of the apples
- Create a ball, pinching together the loose ends of biscuit dough
- Once you have pinched the edges, gently roll the ends under into more of a ball shape
- Place into cooking dish and brush with melted butter
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and bake about 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown
- Transfer bombs to a platter and serve
Leave a Reply