Healthy eating has recently become a modern trend. More and more people try to it eat natural and organic foods giving preference to freshly cooked meals and stick to a proper nutrition regimen. And it’s not without a reason. Fast food, store-bought ready-to-cook or frozen foods, and quick meals are over packed with harmful fats, refined sugars, artificial flavouring agents, and harmful carbs, all of this not only stimulating excessive weight gain and causing obesity but also greatly impacting overall body health.
Reducing sugar intake is one of the first steps towards healthier eating. However, when on diet, sometimes, it might be unbearably hard to conquer a strong desire to eat something sweet. However, there is a way out. You can simply replace sugar by natural sweeteners that are healthier and even tastier. For all healthy lifestylers craving for a sugary dessert, we’ve selected a couple of delicious sugar-free honey cookies recipes that will become a real lifesaver for your inner sweet tooth. And a cup of cocoa or a glass of cold milk or refreshing iced tea from one of those electric iced tea makers will make a perfect match for this yummy treat.
Everybody likes Christmas. It’s a season of joy and family get-togethers. All houses are beautifully decorated and filled with lingering flavors of savoury foods. The mix of vanilla and cinnamon aromas is a part and parcel and a true symbol of Christmas. Hence, our recipe of soft and puffy honey cinnamon cookies will be perfect for holidays and become a palatable snack for any time of the year.
- 2 ½ cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg powder
- ¾ cup of butter
- ½ cup of raw honey
- 1 ½ teaspoons of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Mix together flour, soda, nutmeg powder, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl.
- Take a mixer and whip beat softened butter with an egg, honey, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl.
- Combine wet and dry mixtures slightly beating until you get a homogeneous medium dense mass.
- Cover the bowl with dough and put it into the fridge for about an hour to chill.
- While your oven is being preheated up to 375°F, make small ball out of the dough about a walnut size.Put the balls onto a baking sheet covered with a parchment paper and bake them within 10 minutes.
- When removed from the oven, let your cookies cool for about 2 minutes and then serve them on the plate.
For many of us, honey cookies refer to sweet memories of the childhood and the taste of home. With the above recipe, you can give a new life to old-fashioned honey cookies. Besides, you can customize it to your individual taste by adding ginger, lemon zest, dry cherries or cranberries, and chocolate chips.