EASY PUMPKIN FRENCH TOAST BAKE – Quick and Easy breakfast recipe! Perfect start to Thanksgiving, Christmas morning or a lazy weekend morning!
This is the fall breakfast you need, Easy Pumpkin French Toast Bake is so easy and you can make ahead for holiday gatherings and brunches and bake together in one pan. Perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas morning! Easy Pumpkin French Toast Bake is one of those secret recipes in my arsenal I use around the holidays when we need time in the morning to be fixing other food or spending time with the family.
Let’s talk about ingredients. To make this Easy Pumpkin French Toast Bake you need a loaf of French bread, eggs, pumpkin puree, milk, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and brown sugar and walnuts. I buy a loaf of French bread for this and cut into cubes, if you aren’t cooking for a crowd like I am, you don’t need to use the whole bread.
Place in a greased 8×8-inch baking dish and sprinkle chopped pecan and walnuts, mix up all ingredients except brown sugar and pour over all the bread cubes, covering the cubes completely. Then cover it and place it in the refrigerator overnight or if looking to do this quicker refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. In the morning, sprinkle with brown sugar over the top and bake.
It is a delicious treat for a weekend morning and it smells amazing as it cooks. Baked Pumpkin French Toast filled with fall flavors, pumpkin, spices, brown sugar and walnuts. An easy breakfast, brunch or holiday entertaining dish that can be prepared ahead of time! My family likes this recipe very much so I have prepared it before and it is in the fridge. Serve as it is warm with maple syrup and it will soon become a favorite recipe in your home too! Enjoy each fall-flavored bite, it is absolutely delicious!
- 5-6 cups 1-inch French bread cubes
- 5 eggs
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar for topping
- Chopped pecan or walnuts, optional
- Maple syrup, optional
- Cut bread into 1-inch cubes
- Place in a greased 8x8-inch baking dish, sprinkle chopped pecan and walnuts
- In a large bowl, mix together eggs, milk, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract and pumpkin puree until well combined
- Pour pumpkin mixture over bread cubes and push down with a spoon until it is all soaked and mostly covered
- Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight, if looking to do this quicker refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
- Once ready to bake preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Before baking uncover and sprinkle brown sugar over the top of pumpkin bread
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or golden brown and no longer wet
- Serve warm with maple syrup