Lemon White Chocolate Cookies are super soft, packed with white chocolate chips, and bursting with the flavor of fresh lemon. This is an easy cookie recipe and makes for a quick lemon dessert!
Soft lemon white chocolate cookies are delicious and so easy to make! These sweet treats are perfect for lemon-white chocolate lovers!
When it comes to fruit cookies, lemon cookies are at the top of my list. I love how the sweet white chocolate in this lemon white chocolate cookie recipe balances the tang of the lemon. You are going to love these thick, moist cookies!
Why You Will Love This Recipe?
- One bowl – no mixer needed,
- Tons of lemon flavors,
- Use any brand of lemon cake mix,
- Lots of white chocolate chips
- They freeze so well so they’re perfect for making ahead.
Just 4 Ingredients:
- Lemon Cake Mix: You can use any brand.
- Unsalted Butter: You just need one stick
- Eggs: Be sure to use large eggs.
- White Chocolate Chips or Chunks: Use your favorite brand.
A few tips and techniques make these lemon cookies melt-in-your-mouth delicious! You’ll love the combination of tart lemon and sweet white chocolate.
Expert Tips: I always start with melted butter because then I don’t need a mixer and
butter tastes so much better in cake mix cookies than oil!
Because of the melted butter and the 2 eggs, these cookies need to be chilled.
Chilling the dough works to keep the dough from spreading as it cooks and results in puffier cookies. However, if you are short on time you can skip chilling the dough. The cookies will still taste yummy.
How Long Can You Keep This in the Fridge?
Baked cookies will last for up to a week in a well-sealed container.
Can you Freeze Cookies?
You can definitely freeze cookies. Just be sure to let them cool completely before putting them in the bag. To freeze the dough, shape the dough into balls as directed. Freeze on the cookie sheet for about an hour. Place the frozen dough in a freezer bag.
Frozen baked cookies will last 3 months. The dough holds for 2 months.
Love lemon? Then try these easy lemon cake mix cookies. They’re extra soft with a delicious hint of lemon and white chocolate chips.
I love anything with lemon and these lemon cookies are the perfect easy recipe to get your citrus fix. Enjoy!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 15.25 ounce box lemon cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups white chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- In a large bowl, place butter, cake mix and eggs and mix until combined and no lumps remain
- Stir in white chocolate chips
- Place dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheet lined with parchment or silicone baking mats
- Scoop 2-tablespoon balls of cookie dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment or silicone baking mats at least 2 inches apart
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until they just lose their glossy sheen (these cookies stay puffy and will settle a bit as they cool but don’t become flat)
- Immediately after removing from the oven press a few more white chocolate chips or chunks on top for decoration
- Cool at least 10 minutes before removing from the cookie sheet.