PIZZA STUFFED MUSHROOMS – Homemade, delicious and easy appetizer loved by adults and kids!
We love pizza in our house. Need a last minute snack for a Game Day or any party, easy Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms is pleasing appetizer recipe. If you are looking for an easy five ingredient appetizer or side dish you have come to the right place.
This is a great change from every day pizza. You will need only 5 simple ingredients and these Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms have about a 5 minute prepare time. Mushrooms just have such a rich earthy flavor and stuffing them is easy to do. I love any kind stuffed mushrooms, pizza stuffed, spinach and feta cheese or chicken stuffed mushrooms. These pepperoni pizza stuffed mushrooms are so easy and quick and my favorite. Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms have everything you love on a supreme pizza without the crust.
They are everything you love about supreme pizza, but healthier without the crust. Think pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, mini pepperoni, mushrooms and Italian seasoning. They make a super easy, delicious and kid friendly weeknight meal. It is a great way to get your kids to eat their veggies because it tastes like pizza, so next time it is pizza night forget about delivery pizza and whip up these delicious, cute bite size Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms. You can serve them as an appetizer, side dish or simply a nutritious afternoon snack. Enjoy!
- 10 to 12 large mushrooms cleaned and stems removed
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup mini pepperoni slices
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning or oregano
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees
- Clean the mushrooms and remove the stems
- Using a small spoon, scoop out insides of mushrooms to allow enough room for filling
- Arrange the mushrooms in the skillet
- Top each mushroom with about 1 tablespoon pizza sauce, 1 tablespoon of mozzarella cheese and 2 or 3 mini pepperoni slices
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning or oregano
- Bake for about 18 to 20 minutes or until mushrooms have softened and cheese has melted
- Serve immediately