Potatoes are very versatile, so making a dish with onions and mushrooms is easy, tasty and it can be served either as a main or a side dish!
I like recipes with potatoes, and this recipe is great combination of potatoes, onions and mushrooms. Very easy, quick and delicious meal which you prepare in the oven. I usually prepare this recipe with my favorite mac and cheese because this recipe requires a little effort and a little time for preparing. We like potatoes in many different ways, very easy and tasty, you can serve this recipe like main or side dish.
Potatoes are always a good idea, and if you add something you like with potatoes, that will be a real hit! My choice for today are onions and mushrooms, because my family likes that combination the most. When you don’t know what to prepare for lunch, this easy recipe can save you in every occasion. Small things can make us happy, and that is why I decided for this recipe, because everyone can afford it! Enjoy!
- 5-6 very large Yukon Gold or Russet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 16 oz white or portabella mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 3 medium onion, pilled and sliced into rings
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh chopped parsley, optional
- Wash and peel potatoes, cut into medium thick slices using a sharp knife, set aside
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- To the baking dish place mushrooms in a single layer, evenly drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper to taste
- Place a layer of sliced onion and arrange sliced potatoes on top
- Sprinkle with more salt and pepper and add 1 cup water
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 20-25 minutes
- Then remove the foil and mix all ingredients and bake uncovered for 10-15 minutes, or until lightly golden brown
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley
- Serve warm