A fun and delicious Christmas treat shaped like Christmas Trees. Flaky Puff Pastry Christmas Trees with cinnamon sugar filling. They’re crunchy, and flavorful and are perfect for the Holidays!
Everyone will love how you can transform sheets of puff pastry and yummy cinnamon sugar filling into festive trees that look like they belong on a holiday dessert table!
Topped with powdered icing sugar as if it were snow, there’s something magical about these holiday treats!
Why you Will Love This Dessert?
- Delicious: The combination of sugar, cinnamon, and pastry is amazing. There’s nothing quite like biting into a flaky piece of deliciousness with the perfect balance of sweetness. It’s like eating a little slice of heaven!
- Easy: This recipe is so easy to make! All you need is store-bought puff pastry dough that you stuff with simple ingredients.
- Festive: The golden-brown puff pastry shines with a dusting of powdered sugar, making it look like the star of the show on any holiday table. Plus, its unique shape makes it a fun addition to any party!
- Perfect for place settings: Place the bottom of the skewer in a chocolate candy and set one at every place setting for your guests! They will love it!
Ingredients for Puff Pastry Christmas Trees:
You can find the simple ingredients to make these festive trees at your local grocery store.
Butter: Use softened butter so that it’s easy to spread.
Store-bought puff pastry sheets: I used ready-made puff pastry sheets. Make sure to thaw them in the fridge before using them if they are frozen. You could also use homemade puff pastry if desired.
Brown sugar: I used light brown sugar, but you could also use dark brown sugar.
You can use different fillings in this puff pastry Christmas tree recipe. Some good ones to try are:
- Sprinkle ¼ cup of chopped pecans on the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Spread Nutella or Lotus Biscoff spread on the pastry dough instead of the butter mixture.
- Spread the pastry with pesto and a sprinkle cheese.
- Use dipping sauce like chocolate spread, cream cheese glaze, or jam.
Thaw store-bought puff pastry ahead of time.
Cut each sheet of puff pastry into ten strips.
Brush the pieces with melted butter before baking.
Sprinkle icing sugar on top for extra sweetness.
Don’t overbake. Just bake until they are a light golden brown.
How to Serve And Store:
Serve these Puff Pastry Christmas Trees warm and with a touch of powdered sugar. Enjoy with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee or tea.
Store these puff pastries in an airtight container on the counter and enjoy within 1-2 days, or refrigerate and enjoy within 2-3 days. Reheat in the microwave for best results.
Puff Pastry Christmas Trees are a fun and easy Holiday dessert idea, sprinkled with cinnamon sugar makes them irresistible. Kids and adults will love them. Enjoy!
- 2 sheets puff pastry dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoon butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- Powdered sugar, optional for sprinkle
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place a sheet of parchment paper on a large baking sheet.
- In the microwave or a saucepan melt the ¼ butter and set aside
- Unroll a sheet of puff pastry onto parchment paper or a lightly floured surface.
- Spread the 2 tablespoons of butter evenly over the pastry sheet and sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon over top.
- Carefully place the second sheet of puff pastry over top.
- Smooth it down with a rolling pin.
- Use a sharp knife or pizza cutter to cut the pastry into 1-inch wide strips.
- Pick up a strip, and carefully fold it up, accordion style, into the shape of a Christmas tree.
- Thread a wooden skewer from the base of the tree, through all the layers, and out the top. Place them on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining pastry strips.
- Brush the trees, including the sides of the tree, with melted butter.
- Bake them in the oven for 12-15 minutes, until puffy and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over the trees if desired