S’Mores Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are one of the sweet treats perfect for a crowd or parties! Easy delicious dessert with graham crackers, chocolate chips and homemade marshmallow cream.
S’Mores Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are easy to make, and it is so delicious! You practically need 6 ingredients, of which you, most likely, have 4 at any time in your kitchen (butter, sugar, 2 eggs, all-purpose flour). For the same reason, I found it easier to make my, homemade marshmallow cream than using a storebought.
How Do You Make Homemade Marshmallow Cream?
For 3 cups of marshmallow cream, you will need just one egg white, sugar and water (optionally, +vanilla extract), and 10-15 minutes of your time. Egg (or eggs, if you want to double de recipe) should be at room temperature, took out from the fridge one hour before making the recipe. Or, if you are in hurry, place eggs in a bowl of warm water (not hot!) for 5-10 minutes.
Start with making sugar syrup. In a medium saucepan, add the sugar and water and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until syrup is translucent and without granules of sugar (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat, (stir in the vanilla extract) and set aside.
Beat egg white with a mixer (using a whipping attachment) on low speed until foamy. Increase the speed to medium and continue to beat until the white stays firm (soft peaks).
Slowly add the syrup, 1-2 tablespoons at a time, mixing constantly. Increase the speed to medium-high and beat for 5 minutes more.
Store in the fridge until use. The marshmallow cream will separate after a few hours of refrigeration, so it will be best if you use it soon after you made it.
How do you make S’Mores Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars?
And now, an even easier part of this recipe follows :)!
Beat together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg, baking soda, flour, and graham cracker crumbs, gradually.
Press the dough into the bottom of the prepared 8×8 inch baking dish (with parchment paper), spread marshmallow cream, sprinkle with semi-sweet chocolate chips, and place (gently press) remaining cookie dough over the top. Bake for 20 minutes, until a golden-brown crust is formed.
There are a few options that can be Graham Cracker Crumbs substitute: ginger snaps, vanilla wafers, animal crackers, speculoos, or any crisp cookie like.
- 1 egg white (room temperature)
- ¾ cup of sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs (or another crisp cookie)
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Prepare Homemade Marshmallow Cream: In a medium saucepan cook over medium heat water and sugar until translucent syrup, stirring occasionally (about 5 minutes). Stir in vanilla and set aside to cool slightly. Beat egg white on low speed until foamy, and then increase the speed and continue until soft peaks form. Starting with 2 tablespoons at the time, gradually add the warm syrup. Beat at medium-high speed about 5 minutes. Store in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Beat together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg. Add baking soda, flour and graham cracker crumbs.
- Press ¾ of the dough into the bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Spread homemade marshmallow cream over. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Place (gently press) remaining cookie dough over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until a golden brown crust is formed.
Eggs for Marshmallows Cream should be at room temperature, or put in a bowl of warm water (not hot!) for 10 minutes before use.
The marshmallow cream will separate after a few hours of refrigeration, so it will be best to use it soon after you made it.
S’Mores Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars can be stored in airtight container in the refrigerator for two weeks.