There’s nothing quite like a good pizza. From convenience food to gourmet Italian dish, its versatility and topping combinations lend it to being one of the most delicious dishes on the planet. That said, a well-made pizza doesn’t come without its health risks. Typical pizzas contain loads of cheese and thick, doughy bases. The carbohydrate heavy meal will surely set you back to zero in terms of fitness. Furthermore, digesting these rich foods is a surefire way of packing on the pounds.
If health is the name and losing weight is the game, then pizza is probably not a priority on your list of meals for the family. Especially, if you are following a Keto Diet. A Keto Diet, in case you don’t follow it, is a high-fat, low-carb diet that aims to promote rapid weight loss. The diet is extremely effective and offers a number of additional health benefits. Some of these benefits have nothing to do with its main purpose; weight loss. The diet has gained increased popularity over recent years. It is trending among some of the most prominent social influences and celebrity icons. Halle Berry, for example, is a huge endorser for the efficacy of the Keto Diet. Though, she does not refer to it as a diet. The word diet has several negative associations. Keto focuses on prioritizing foods rather than cutting out food groups entirely. In saying so, it is more of a lifestyle choice. Celebrity recommendations are not the only ones that vouch for its ability to support weight loss. Scientific studies support the use of the Keto Diet for efficient weight reduction. Though the evidence is not entirely conclusive, it bodes well for the use of Keto for achieving your fitness goals. This is not to say that regular exercise should not be done alongside. Convinced yet? Well, this recipe doesn’t intend to entice you into adopting the Keto lifestyle. Rather, it will outline a healthy pizza alternative that you can make with your family, partner, or friends.
The great thing about this specific dish is that it allows you to enjoy the greasy feeling of tucking into a warm pizza without the concerning side effects of eating one – digestive issues being the main culprit. Even more so, this pizza recipe is open to interpretation. Get wild and creative with it, especially if you are cooking with your kids. Think about how you can spruce up your pizzas with even wackier topping combinations. Making pizza is all about harnessing your creativity. With a good, healthy base to start from – you can make something for everyone to enjoy. Be sure to drop in a comment of your tasty Cheesy Keto Pizza combinations!
- 4 eggs
- 6 oz. shredded mozzarella or provolone
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp oregano (dried)
- 5 oz. shredded cheese
- 1 ½ oz. pepperoni
- Olives (if you’d like)
- 2 oz. leafy greens
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Begin by preheating the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Make the crust while the oven heats. Crack open the eggs and pour them into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add the shredded cheese and give it a good stir till combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the combined batter with a spatula. Feel free to make one large rectangular pizza or two small circular ones. Set in the oven to bake for 15 minutes, until the crust turns golden. Remove the base from heat and set aside to cool for 2 minutes.
- Crank up the oven temperature to 450°F (225°C).
- Using the back of a spoon, spread the tomato paste across the base. Sprinkle over the oregano. Then, top with cheese and place your additional toppings over.
- Set it in the oven to bake for 5 - 10 minutes, until the pizza is golden-brown in color.
- Cut the pizza and plate up with salad on the side.