RED VELVET VALENTINES CINNAMON ROOLS – Perfect Valentine’s Day breakfast idea! They are filled with cinnamon sugar, topped with cream cheese and sprinkled with love!
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner I was trying to come up with a fun and festive Valentine’s Day breakfast that wouldn’t take me all day in the kitchen. Whether for Valentine’s Day or for when you just want to show someone how much you care, these adorable cinnamon rolls are the perfect sweet treat.
Two of my most favorite things combined into one sweet madness, red velvet and cinnamon rolls. Basically, they are just red velvet dough rolled up with cinnamon into roll shape with plenty of cream cheese topping and some Valentines sprinkles.
When it comes to delicious food, people tend to overlook the power of breakfast. Make that change start in your house this Valentine’s Day and whip up a batch of these delicious Red Velvet Cinnamon Rolls. They are delicious, festive and certain to bring and beautiful smile to the face of your family early on Valentine’s Day.
The rolls themselves are made out of cake mix. Yes, not only can you make cookies out of cake mix, but you can also make cinnamon rolls. The real benefit of making cake mix cinnamon rolls is that you only have to use about half the ingredients since most of them are in the cake mix.
These cinnamon rolls are super tender and soft. I fell in love in sweet roll dough when I made my Red Velvet Cinnamon Rolls. They are one of my favorite recipes. Looking for a great way to start your Valentine’s Day, these Red Velvet Cinnamon Rolls are exactly what you need! From the first bite, you’ll be in love! If you need more ideas for Valentine’s Day food many, I suggest you to check my recipes: Valentines White Chocolate Hearts, Valentine’s Day Cherry Hand Pies, Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies, Valentine Red Velvet Cheesecake Pops and Valentine Shortbread Cookies. Enjoy!
- 1 package red velvet cake mix, regular size
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2 ½ to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1¼ cups warm water
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 4 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- Valentine's sprinkle, optional
- In a large bowl, combine red velvet cake mix, yeast and 1 cup flour
- Add warm water and beat on medium speed 2 to 3 minutes
- Add additional flour and knead with a stand mixer or by hand to form a soft dough
- Spray a large bowl with non-stick cooking spray and place dough inside
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rest in a warm place for an hour until doubled in size
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon, set aside
- After dough has risen place dough on a lightly floured surface and roll out into a large rectangle about ¼ "thick
- Spread melted butter over the dough and sprinkle with brown sugar mixture
- Start from the farthest edge and carefully roll the dough into a log
- Using a sharp knife, cut into 12 equal pieces
- Place cinnamon rolls in a 9x13-inch baking dish with parchment paper
- Cover with kitchen towel and let rise for another 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract and mix until combined
- Spread topping over warm rolls
- Sprinkle with Valentines sprinkles
Rolls or rools says
Looks yummy! Can’t wait to try. You need to change the spelling of rolls in your title.
I’d like to make these in advance. Can I make them and leave in the fridge overnight without cooking them? They look delicious!!
Yummiest Food says
Hi D. Yes, you can make them in advance.
Can you make ahead the night before and put them in the fridge then bake on the morning?
Yummiest Food says
Yes, you can.
I just made the dough and it’s rock hard and crumbly, are you sure you don’t have to dissolve the yeast in warm water before you add any flour. I’m not new to baking and this dough is not good