Chewy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies are so tasty, so there’s no doubt why they are favorite among the children! Use bought from the store, or even better – homemade 5-minute peanut butter, and simply let them melt in your mouth!
All those who know how good are Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies can hardly wait to make them, while those who have not tasted this cookie, must try them as soon as possible!
How To Make Chewy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies?
Chewy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies are very easy to make. In a base, it is: mixing all ingredients (gradually), cooling the dough, and short baking.
Cooling the dough takes about 1 hour or more, but the difference between cooled and not cooled dough is huge. Cookie dough that was refrigerated spread less and the cookies are browned more. The longer dough is chilled, cookies are better!
How To Make Homemade Peanut Butter?
All you need is 2 cups of dry roasted peanuts, 1-2 tablespoons honey, salt to taste, and a food processor. For this recipe, I love to use a mix of almonds and peanuts. 1 cup of peanuts and 1 cup of almonds will give1-1 ½ cups of almond-peanut butter.
Place nuts, honey, and salt in food processor and process for 5 minutes. If the consistency seems too thick, you can add some oil (a teaspoon at a time). That is all. For Chewy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies I prefer homemade peanut butter, and also I love having it in the house for breakfasts.
For your Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies, you can use any combination of oats you have, and add the finely chopped peanuts, almonds, or any other seeds, for better texture and more taste.
Shape your cookies whatever size you like. I prefer bigger cookies, and I used a ¼ cup measure of the cookie dough. If you prefer a smaller, just pay attention (decrease) on baking time.
Baking is a very important phase because it depends on the color and structure of the final cookie. Bake them with at 350 degrees F with drying option. In this way, you can convincingly imitate the industrial way of baking. Bake your cookies for 8-10 minutes, until the centers are almost done and the edges are firm. Do not overbake.
How To Store Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies?
Homemade cookies as well as bought one after a while can soften and lose crispness. So make sure that the cookie is not too long in the air or in rooms where is moisture or fumes. It is important to bake your cookies according to the recipe, then cool completely. If they are not cool, the cookies can produce condensation in the guarding container.
Store Chewy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies in the classic cookie jar, or an airtight container with a lid not totally sealed. Crispy type of cookies needs to “breathe”. Never store this type of cookies in the refrigerator, this will make them bland.
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- 1cup brown sugar
- 1 cup smooth reduced fat peanut butter (or homemade almond-peanut butter)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup quick oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- In a large bowl mix butter and sugar.
- Add peanut butter, until incorporated.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- In a separate bowl stir flour, baking soda (and vanilla), and mix in gently and gradually into the peanut butter mix.
- Add old fashioned oats and quick oats and stir until incorporated.
- Leave the mix for one hour at the fridge, and when is chilled, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the cookies (about a ¼ cup of dough) at cookie sheets, and bake at 350 degrees F (with drying option) for maximum 10 minutes (until edges are firm, and centers almost did).
- Let it cool for some minutes, and enjoy!