Reese’s Peanut Butter Poke Cake is an easy summer dessert perfect for parties and potlucks. Chocolate cake with peanut butter, creme cheese and condensed milk frosting, topped with cool whip, adorable Reese’s Crunchers and drizzled with Reese’s Chocolate-Peanut Butter topping!
Peanut butter with chocolate – who doesn’t love it?!! If you are a real fan of this combination, you have to try this Reese’s Peanut Butter Poke Cake! Every bite melts in your mouth delicious, so you should get ready for this impact of flavors!
After many versions of this cake, I finally have a winner, and I am so excited to share my version with you!
How Do You Make Reese’s Peanut Butter Poke Cake?
You will need a few “Reese’s”: Peanut Butter, Chocolate Peanut Butter Topping, and Crunchers. In addition to ingredients – a box of chocolate cake mix, cream cheese (low fat), condensed milk and a cool whip.
Although it may seem complicated due to a lot of ingredients and layers, you will make this cake easy and very quick!
Start with making the chocolate cake according to directions on the cake mix box. Usually, it is for the 9×13 inch pan. Let the cake cool a few minutes, and poke it all over. As the next step is to apply topping, I found it was better (evenly absorbed) if the holes were a little less than those that would get by the end of the wooden spoon, so I used a fork.
Also, if the cake is still warm the topping would be soft and runny when spread on the top. Instead of “usual” hot fudge, I found delicious to use Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Topping. So yummy!
After topping, let the cake cool for about 10 minutes and during that prepare peanut butter frosting. Combine cream cheese and condensed milk with mixer. Add peanut butter until smooth and well combined. Optional, you can add in a ground peanuts, just for more texture.
Spread the mixture over cooled cake. Cover with plastic and refrigerate until totally cool.
Before serving, spread the cool whip over peanut butter mixture. Brake Reese’s Crunchers into smaller pieces (if needed) and spread evenly over the top of the cake.
No, this is not the end yet! 🙂 Drizzle with the more of a chocolate-peanut butter topping!
Store Reese’s Peanut Butter Poke Cake in the fridge until ready to serve!! Needless to say “enjoy”!!! 🙂
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (+ ingredients called for on box cake mix)
- Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Topping (7.25 oz)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup peanut butter (Reese’s)
- 12 oz cool whip
- 1 pack Reese’s Crunchers
- Prepare and bake the cake according to the package instructions.
- Let the cake cool a few minutes, and poke it all over with a fork.
- Drizzle Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Topping to soak in.
- Combine condensed milk, cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth. Spread the mixture over cooled cake. Cover and refrigerate until cool.
- Spread the cool whip over peanut butter mixture.
- Sprinkle with Reese’s crunchers (dessert sprinkles) and drizzle with the rest of a topping.
- Store in the fridge until ready to serve.