More and more people are now trying out the keto diet. Unlike other types of diet fads today, a keto diet is a high-fat and very low-carb diet that aims to help people lose weight, avoid diabetes, and decrease the chances of developing epilepsy. If you’re planning to do the same, you should stock up on seafood, cheese, avocados, and different types of meat. Munching on these foods regularly is a good way for you to start your keto journey.
Contrary to popular belief, a keto diet will not restrict you from eating your favorite salads and home-cooked meals. As long as you pay attention to the ingredients used in these meals, you can still indulge in them whenever you want to. If you’re craving for some Caesar salad while following a keto diet, take note of these recipes and salad dressings for keto:
½ cup olive oil
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
½ garlic clove, grated
½ lemon juice
½ tsp salt
1 pinch ground black pepper
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp red wine vinegar
2⁄3 oz. anchovies
- Set the salt aside and mix all the ingredients together in one bowl.
- Once the dressing is smooth, season with salt and pepper to taste. Taste the mixture before adding in more salt and pepper to ensure that your desired taste is met.
- Gradually dilute the mixture with water if you’re looking for a thinner consistency. One teaspoon of water at a time should do the trick while mixing it together.
1 clove of crushed garlic
1 tablespoon of Dijon Mustard
1 teaspoon of white pepper
1/3 cup of parsley, finely chopped
17 fluid ounces of light olive oil
2 ounces of grated parmesan cheese
2-3 pinches of salt
3 anchovy fillets
3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Mix the anchovies, eggs, garlic, mustard, salt, and pepper in one bowl. Once done, place the mixture in a food processor and blend everything on high speed for at least 3 minutes. You can use a food processor longer if you see that the mixture is not yet well-blended.
- Gradually lower the speed and add the oil in very slowly. Make sure that you’re doing this while creating a thin stream from the oil. If you add the oil too quickly or all at once, the salad dressing can split.
- Slowly add in the chopped parsley, lemon juice, and parmesan to the mixture. All of the mixture should be blended well before proceeding to the next step.
- Taste and assess if seasoning should be added. Depending on your preference, you might want to add more salt or pepper. If you notice that the dressing is too thick, gradually add 3 teaspoons of hot water to the mixture. Add more water until you achieve your desired consistency.
3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon anchovy paste or 2 anchovy fillets, minced
Fresh black pepper
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
1/4 cup sour cream
2/3 cup mayonnaise
- Combine all the ingredients in one bowl and mix well.
- Depending on your preference, you might want to add more pepper or salt to taste.
- Top desired amount of dressing to the salad and mix well.
1 cup avocado oil
1/2 cup shredded parmesan, not shelf stable stuff
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
2 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp Paleo Lime mayo
2 tsp Dijon mustard, preferably Sir Kensington’s
4 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Add all the ingredients (except the parmesan cheese) to a blender or food processor.
- Turn the power to high and wait until the garlic is minced thoroughly and the mixture is smooth.
- Gradually add the cheese and pulse the power until everything is incorporated. The mixture doesn’t have to be smooth in this process.
- You can pour the dressing to the salad and serve immediately, or you can store the dressing in the fridge. This mixture can last for up to two weeks as long as it’s placed in an air-tight container.
A keto diet can provide a long list of benefits, but only if you’re patient and consistent with your efforts. Don’t expect that you’ll be able to lose weight if you only follow this diet for a week while having interruptions. The longer you follow this diet, the faster you’ll be able to see the results!