Super easy energy bites make for a delicious quick healthy snack or breakfast!
These little bites are the best thing ever. Who doesn’t love the chocolate treat that is not only healthy for you but also tastes great?
The great thing about these energy bites is that they have some healthy ingredients like oats, flax seeds, honey, chia seeds, and cocoa powder. So much good stuff in one bite!
Oh, and did I mention you don’t even need to turn on the oven to make these? Quick, easy, nutritious just perfect for a snack or a quick on-the-go breakfast!
These little balls of heaven are packed with fiber, protein, healthy fats, and a good amount of carbs to fuel you for whatever you need them for! This particular recipe is special in that it does not require a food processor which is usually used to grind the oats and all of the other ingredients together.
Ingredients you need to make energy balls:
- Rolled Oats – I recommend using old-fashioned rolled oats in this recipe.
- Peanut Butter – You can use your favorite peanut butter. Natural, chunky, or smooth. Almond butter and cashew butter would also work great.
- Ground flax seed – High in fiber and omega-3s!
- Honey – You can use your favorite honey in this recipe! I prefer to use local honey which is especially good if you have allergies
- Cocoa Powder – A good quality organic cocoa powder is best, but you can use what you have on hand.
- Chia Seeds – These are so good for you and loaded with heart-healthy omega-3’s and fiber.
- Vanilla Extract – Adds a nice flavor to the energy bites.
How to Make Energy Balls?
These come together in a snap! This is a brief overview of the recipe. For the full recipe with all of the measurements, be sure to find the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Combine all of the ingredients together in a medium bowl. Mix everything together well with a large spoon, spatula, or clean hands.
Form the mixture into one-inch balls.
Store them in an airtight container. These can be kept at room temperature for up to one week or in the freezer for up to 3 months
On days when you are looking for a sweet treat without loading up on refined sugar and processed ingredients, these no-bake chocolate bites are great.
So yes, you can have delicious treats that are actually healthy. I don’t know about you, but I’m all about that. Enjoy!
- 1 cup oatmeal old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup ground flax seed
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients together until well combined
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least half an hour, to make the mix easier to handle and mold
- Then wet hands. Use a tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop out dough and roll between your palms to form balls.
- Form into one inch balls
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months