Dish with rice, mushrooms and chicken, is real hit!
So, yesterday was just one of those days, when absoulutly nothing seems to be going your way, but now, I must satisfy my hungry children and cook something quickly. I had make minor changes each time in this recipe with ingrediants which I was finding in the fridge.
Very easy and quick dish to cook!
Rice is very filling and healtly food which goes perfectly with vegetables and meat.
My daughter Sarah preffered chicken, and with rice and mushrooms this dish is real hit!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion,diced
- 3 cloves garlic,minced
- 10 ounces rice
- 10 ounces chicken breast,cut into 1inch chunks
- 7 ounces mushrooms thinly sliced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 ounces carrots,peeled and diced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Secret for ideally cooked rice: Rinse rice and leave it in cold water for 10minutes. Than strain rice and stir in chicken broth and let it boiled over medium heat. When boiled, do not open for 10minutes!
- Melt butter over medium heat in large stockpot and add chicken breast, cook until golden, then remove from the stockpot and in same stockpot add onion and garlic,cook,stirring occasionally, until tender. Add mushrooms, cook 5 minutes. Put all together with rice and chicken, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley and carrots, if desired.
- With good organization, this dish is done for 20minutes.