Greek Chicken Gyros with Tzaziki Sauce and Pita Flatbread – super fast, delicious and easy too! You can easily make Greek Chicken Gyros with Tzaziki Sauce and Pita Flatbread at home and enjoy in this healthy and very tasty recipe!
Greek Chicken Gyros with Tzaziki Sauce and Pita Flatbread will become favorite dish in your family. You can use meat which you like the most but my family and I like chicken combination.
We really like that delicious and full of colors combination of fresh vegetables and finely chopped meat wrapped in pita flatbread. Something which I really like with this recipe is that you can buy tzaziki sauce and pita flatbread if you don’t have time to make it. So you really can enjoy in this gyros for just couple of minutes. When you make pita flatbread at home interesting thing that they are airy and I can eat them almost empty but when you fill them with this delicious meat and vegetables that’s the right point.
I use chicken meat a lot in my kitchen and I really can make many different recipes with it and it is very practical. My children very often ask me to make chicken recipes. My daughter Sarah remembered me on this recipe one day and I made a decision to make it and to share it with you this Greek Chicken Gyros with Tzaziki Sauce and Pita Flatbread. I like to spend time in the kitchen and I am always very happy when my family members like something I have made. My children really like this Greek Chicken Gyros with Tzaziki Sauce and Pita Flatbread. This marinated meat and vegetables give to this recipe that special taste and perfect combination of different tastes. Every time I made this recipe I can feel different taste.
When we were on trip in Greece we become crazy for this meal so we are lucky because we have right recipe. If you like recipes and meals like this and if you like Greek kitchen this is right recipe for you. I am sure that you will enjoy it so give it a try and make Greek Chicken Gyros with Tzaziki Sauce and Pita Flatbread!
- 4 chicken breasts, pounded to ½ inch thickness
- 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, for brush
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and grated
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 4 Greek pitas flatbread
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- ½ cup Feta cheese
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Puree all sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor
- Cover and chill until ready to serve
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat
- Season chicken breasts with Greek seasoning, salt and pepper
- Cook over medium high for 5-6 minutes on each side until cooked through
- Remove from grill transfer to plate and brush chicken lightly with olive oil
- Cover with foil and allow to rest 10 minutes and then slice into strips
- Assemble gyros by topping each Greek pita flatbread with chicken, cucumber, tomatoes, red onions, fresh parsley, Feta cheese and Tzatziki sauce
- Wrap and serve