Quick and Easy Greek Chicken Skewers with Homemade Tzatziki Sauce! Bite sized pieces of flavorful Tzartziki sauce! This recipe is perfectly delicious and it is ideal for these summer days! Greek Chicken Skewers with Homemade Tzatziki Sauce – Easy to cook and easy to love!
This recipe is super easy, quick and super delicious choice to use chicken. I like Greek dishes and I would like to eat them every single day. Each Greek dish is so easy and quick to make so that’s way I like to make them. Greek Chicken Skewers are super delicious and healthy and when you make Tzatziki sauce it get super rich flavor and taste.
Long and warm summer days are in front of us, many funny barbeques with our friends so for these occasion my choice are of course chicken skewers. I really like to cook and I really enjoy in it but I enjoy the most when I prepare something for my family and friends. When it is summer we usually have barbeque with our friends and that’s our favorite part of these warm days. I am the happiest person when my family and friends are happy. We live that busy live and we don’t have enough time for each other so when we are all together we forget on our problems, jobs and just enjoy in friendship, nature and of course food.
I prepare chicken very often in my kitchen but because we are going to enjoy in nature this time I would make Greek Chicken Skewers with homemade Tzatziki Sauce. Chicken is the most delicious when you marinate it a day before. Today I will cut chicken breast into 1 inch chucks and add fresh lemon juice, olive oil, red wine, vinegar, oregano, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Remove the chicken from the marinade and thread the chicken onto metal or wooden skewers. You will see how chicken will get that moist and nice flavor. We usually prepare chicken on the barbeque, but you can prepare it in a grill pan or in the oven.
These chicken skewers are the best in combination with Tzatziki sauce. I prepare it very often because my children like it very much. While the chicken is cooking make the sauce. Puree all sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor, cover and chill until ready to serve. If you are done with your job activities, it is time to enjoy with your family and friends in this Greek Chicken Skewers with Homemade Tzatziki sauce. Enjoy!
- 1 pounds chicken breast, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and grated
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine the fresh lemon juice, olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper
- Add the chicken pieces and toss to coat
- Cover and refrigerate chicken for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 hour
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium or preheat the broiler
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and thread the chicken onto metal or wooden skewers
- For grilling, place the chicken on the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through
- For broiling, broil for 7-8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through
- While the chicken is cooking make the sauce
- Puree all sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor
- Cover and chill until ready to serve
- Serve on side the Greek Chicken skewers with the Tzatziki sauce
- Serve and enjoy!