These Mini Cherry Pies are easy to make and filled with a simple cherry pie filling. Tart and sweet they are the perfect finger food dessert for all occasions!
While I love regular pie, there is something about mini pies that make them so much better. Maybe it is the fact that they make a simple dessert you can just pick up and enjoy.
Now when I say easy, I really do mean an easy cherry pie recipe! It only takes 3 ingredients to make.
They’re the ultimate portable and fork-free dessert option that can be customized with your seasonal filling of choice.
Mini Cherry Pies Ingredients:
For this recipe, you’ll need these super easy ingredients:
Pie Crust: You can use refrigerated pie crusts from the store or make your own homemade pie crust!
The store-bought pie crusts usually come in packages of two so they are perfect for this recipe.
Pie Filling: You’ll need some canned cherry pie filling or another personal favorite for this recipe.
Topping: You won’t need all of the pie crusts for the bottom, so you’ll have some left to decorate the tops. I like to use it to make a simple lattice topping or cut out some cute pie crust decorations for the top with small cookie cutters.
Can You Use Different Pie Fillings?
We really love these! The best thing about them is you can totally cater to what your family loves for a pie filling. There are just so many possibilities here, you could use: blueberry, lemon, strawberry, or apple fillings!
I am a firm believer that simple and easy dessert recipes should not mean you are sacrificing quality. I am happy to report that these mini cherry pies are not only easy to make they are delicious too! These are easily one of the best cherry pie recipes and so sweet and delicious. Enjoy!
- 2 pie crusts, homemade or store-bought
- 4 cups cherry pie filling
- 1 large egg, whisked with 1 tablespoon water
- Sanding sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease 12 muffin pan or 2 standard 6-count muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Roll out the dough until it is ¼-inch thick.
- Using a 4-inch cookie cutter cut out as many circles as you can. Re-roll the dough and cut out additional circles until you have a total of 12.
- Arrange each circle in a muffin tin cup, pressing it down and up the edges. Keep any dough scraps for the top lattice or decorations.
- Fill each cup until nearly full, about ¼ cup, with pie filling.
- Use the remaining dough to create a top crust to cover each pie.
- To make a lattice crust, use a knife or pizza cutter to cut out thin strips of dough, then lace together to form a lattice.
- Brush the tops of the pies with the egg wash then sprinkle them with sanding sugar if desired
- Bake the pies until they are golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove the pies from the oven and let them cool completely in the muffin tin.
- Using a sharp knife, run it around the edges of each pie to help release them then serve.
Leave a Reply