These Peppermint Brownies are chocolate brownies topped off with a rich chocolate fudge topping and crushed peppermint candy cane sprinkles! The perfect treat to have on hand during the Holiday season!
Are you looking for an easy Christmas dessert recipe?
This Peppermint Brownies are a fun and festive holiday treat.
Christmas is not the same without peppermint candy. This dessert is festive, delicious and easy to make. Everything is perfect about this brownie, starting with brownie mix, then rich chocolate fudge topping and crushed peppermint candy canes.
HOW TO MAKE PEPPERMINT BROWNIES
The first step to making peppermint brownies is baking up a box of brownie mix. You can use whatever brand and flavor you like here. After the brownies are baked and cooled, they’re topped with an easy chocolate topping
The final step in the process is a layer of chocolate with crushed peppermint candy canes on top. These brownies are so very pretty and impressive looking, yet so very simple to make.
HOW LONG DO BROWNIES LAST?
These brownies can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. I find that they never last that long though! Let the brownies sit at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes before you serve them to take the chill off.
CAN YOU FREEZE BROWNIES?
Brownies are a great candidate for the freezer. Simply wrap the bars individually with plastic wrap then place them in a bag in the freezer for up to 2 months. You can thaw your brownies at room temperature when you’re ready to eat them.
I am sure they will be a hit on your holiday dessert table. They are rich and decadent, but so easy to make. If you like brownies or peppermint candy you simply have to try this dessert. It so good and it may just become a holiday tradition for you and your family. Enjoy!
- 18.3 ounce Fudge Brownie Mix (1 box)
- ⅔ cup butter , melted
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup crushed peppermint candy canes , for topping
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a a 9 x 9 inch baking dish with a parchment paper, leaving an overhang on both sides, set aside
- In a mixing bowl combine brownie mix, melted butter, milk, eggs and peppermint extract and using a wooden spoon, stir until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and spread it into an even layer.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the pan comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached to it.
- Allow to cool completely before topping
- Place the heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 1-2 minutes, or until simmering.
- Add the chocolate and let it sit for 5 minutes. Alternatively you can cook the cream and chocolate on a double broiler. Whisk until smooth.
- Add a tablespoon more of warm cream if needed to thin out.
- Pour topping over brownies and then top with crushed candy canes.
- Chill the brownies until set, about 1-2 hours. Use the parchment to lift the brownies out of the pan.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Leave a Reply