Spinach and Feta Galettes are easy to hand tarts filled with spinach, feta cheese, and tomato. Quick and easy to make this healthy appetizer or snack is great for any party or celebration!
A golden, crispy and flaky pastry base filled with spinach, feta and tomato make a fantastic appetizer but also are great pretty much any time of day.
What is a Galette?
Galette is a French pastry that means flat cake. Galette is a free-form rustic tart similar to a pie that can be either sweet or savory, in which the edges fold up around the filling. They are ideal to customize, they are no limit to what you can use. Simple top the pastry with ingredients of your choice! The perfect recipe for novice and experienced bakers alike.
This is one of the go-to recipes that I make during the summer months.
How to make Spinach and Feta Galettes?
The process is simple, slice puff pastry, spread it with spinach and feta filling, top with tomato, fold the edges and bake.
Can I use a different cheese?
If you don’t love Parmesan or Feta cheese, pick something that you love, you can substitute sharp cheddar cheese, it is delicious.
Can I use frozen spinach?
Frozen chopped spinach also makes the recipe easy. It is important to wring out all moisture from the spinach before using it. I usually gather it into a ball in my hands and squeeze it until dry. It takes a few minutes of squeezing to get all water out.
How to Store Leftovers?
As is the case with most tarts and pies, this Spinach and Feta Galette is best on the day it is baked. However, if you place it in an airtight container after it is fully cooled down and keep it in the fridge it would still be good the next day. When you are ready to serve, warm it in low heat for 5-8 minutes so it is nice and warm.
Spinach and Feta Galettes are fantastic appetizers or healthy snacks and can be enjoyed either warm or cold. Quick and easy to make these vegetarian bites are great for any party! Enjoy!
- 2 sheets butter Puff pastry, thawed
- 1 pound fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ cups feta cheese
- ½ cup Parmesan, grated
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Pepper to taste
- 1 egg, beaten for glazing
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper, set aside
- In a large pan over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Add spinach to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes until wilted
- Remove spinach from the pan and wring out excess water, coarsely chop the spinach
- In a medium bowl, crumble the feta cheese, add spinach, parmesan and season with pepper to taste, stir to combine
- Slice puff pastry into 12 squares and place to prepared sheet pans
- Place the topping evenly on the puff pastry squares and flatten the topping slightly
- Top each pastry with a slice of tomato
- Brush the edges of the pastry with beaten egg
- Fold over the sides of pastry. Brush the sides with more beaten egg
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown on top